Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find any descriptions on this:

What do the green and orange bars, located under the username, mean?

What are the icons or badges below the bars?

·
Premium Member
22,307 Posts
If you click on your own user name (or for that matter anyone else's) you will see that they indicate your points and level plus your activity level. It is a way to essentially acknowledge your participation in the forum or to see if someone else is a common poster. The icons recognize things like how long you have been a member, social feedback for a social media organization.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
You can use the statistics to learn other things too.

Number of Thanks per Total Posts is one measure I find interesting. Some in here average two Thanks to every one post... a couple of members even higher.

Even if I were a brand new member here, and knew nobody, I could pick out the members that are most respected.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
You can use the statistics to learn other things too.

Number of Thanks per Total Posts is one measure I find interesting. Some in here average two Thanks to every one post... a couple of members even higher.

Even if I were a brand new member here, and knew nobody, I could pick out the members that are most respected.
It’s not entirely reliable but it gives an idea. Some members never use the Thanks button, or rarely. If you interact mainly with people who thank a lot, you will get more thanks, and vice-versa.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
It’s not entirely reliable but it gives an idea. Some members never use the Thanks button, or rarely. If you interact mainly with people who thank a lot, you will get more thanks, and vice-versa.
I use the Thanks button a lot.

But recall seeing somebody in here - maybe Click-n-Treat(?) - who's received something like three Thanks for every post she's made.

That impresses me.

Tho maybe not you, you old cynic. ;) lol

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
LOL. I didn't know anything about this and didn't even notice those bar things and icons. Guess I am clueless and very unobservant. :doh:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
poodle beguiled..Don't feel bad I never noticed either. I hadn't really noticed the Thank button either until there was some talk about it. I'm clueless. I think Ihave too many things on my mind and sometimes miss things because of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts