Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This puppy in my arms in my profile picture. Me and my ex girlfriend fostered her and my ex girlfriend adopted her. We don't know what she is though. Sharon, her previous foster mom told us she was a husky GSD mix. I looked at pictures on google and the markings seem correct for that mutt but shes not fluffy and her tail is cat- like. Anyone have any guesses? Is Sharon correct or does she look like another mix.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The interesting thing about mixes like that is sometimes they can look completly different from what you'd think or what you've seen. This might be the case with your baby. A good example is my father in laws dog snoopy. He's a chow X Shep mix and you'd think he would at the very least be double coated. He's not though, his coat is similar to something like a Boxer just as smooth as can be, even on his tail. I didn't believe he was what they said he was until I met the guy who 'bred" him. He hadn't had his chow spayed yet and the breeding took place by mistake two years ago. *shrug*

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yep, she definitely look like a GSD husky mix
Remember with mixes, they will look either like one parent or somewhere in between, so puppies in a litter could look completely different.
So there will be some differences
This here is Zapper, he is a GSD greyhound mix, and you can see how he is something in between

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. People kept telling me she looked like a terrier shepherd mix. I'm glad thats not the case though. Nothing against small dogs, they just arnt for me.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That is definitely a dog. ;)

I know, I'm a smarta$$!

But in all honesty, you could have her tested!

I hear it's not that expensive.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well. Idk testing seems to be a waste of money to me, idk how much it costs by you guys but here its $80-$90, thats a whole 80 that could be toward food or toys or other dog things. I was just curious if you guys thought she was a husky shepherd mix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts