Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing from the little response I got about my sentinel thread that not many people use it. I was wondering what you do use? We live in FL and mosquitos, fleas, ticks etc are horrible right now.

I have always used revolution for my cats, and it's worked great. My vet said he does not recommend it for dogs, and instead recommended advantage multi. I tried it the first month but a few days after putting it on a found 3 fleas on him. Then this month we used sentinel and he had diarrhea two times.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
37 Posts
flea control

I have whippets and I use Super Multi Plus on them. They are sensitive so I decided the revolution would be to harsh on them. I find the odd flea, but it is less of a poisen. But I do use revolution on my springer and lab mix, and they have always been fine. Although I only use them when desperate, otherwise they get bathed frequently in an allergroom type of shampoo. I use to groom dogs for 13 years, any shampoo left on long enough (15-20mins), will kill the fleas. I disagree with flea collars and powders. You should use flea spray in your home, room perimeters. Hope I could be of some help,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts