Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I forgot to add that if you do not mind shipping http://www.ben-chers-poodles.com/ has some great looking poodles.

Would you be willing to drive to your neighboring states? Go to akc.org and look at the show list in your area. try UKC also and go to the show and talk to some poodle breeders. Tell them what you are looking for and they probably have info on breeders in VT.
Umm.....Im not trying to be negative but that website sounds like there running a business of breeding Poodles. I also didn't see that they practice health testing if thats something she was looking for. :bolt:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
There is another website called pupcity that breeder's list on. I don't know anything about the website but I took a quick browse and lots of adds...some good and some undesirable which you'll get on everywhere.

Maybe try Kijiji classifieds. Ive seen breeder's list on this site as well.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Umm.....Im not trying to be negative but that website sounds like there running a business of breeding Poodles. I also didn't see that they practice health testing if thats something she was looking for. :bolt:
She can go ahead and ask if they health test. if not then look else wear.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I totally understand wanting to see in person. That is how I was. I wanted to meet the parents and see their personality and look the puppies over. I respect that completely.
IPP - go to breeders.net and type in your zip code for Julie Bogart - Caralot Poodles. Email her and see if she has any pics. It can't hurt to just look right? :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
THANK YOU EVERYONE for your thoughts and helpful info. I have been searching the web and looking for good breeders reasonable distance around me and found one 5 hrs. away and will be going down to see the pups (two chocolate females) Thursday. Both parents are OFA'd and eyes done and sebaceous and thyroid. I am excited to go see them and, if I bring one home, I will be certain to post pics of her!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
THANK YOU EVERYONE for your thoughts and helpful info. I have been searching the web and looking for good breeders reasonable distance around me and found one 5 hrs. away and will be going down to see the pups (two chocolate females) Thursday. Both parents are OFA'd and eyes done and sebaceous and thyroid. I am excited to go see them and, if I bring one home, I will be certain to post pics of her!
Oh good! I can't wait to hear what you think or if one comes home.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Great take pics can't wait to see the pups :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Can't wait to see pics! Hope you remember to take your camera with you!
ME, forget to bring my camera!!! LOL, I'm a photo-holic. I have a Canon 40D DSLR that I LOVE to use, I will be taking lots of shots. If the pups are as good as they seem to be, I will be coming home with one. The lady and I had a wonderful conversation yesterday, she sounds great and loves her dogs and they all (8 of them) live in the house with her and the pups also do. They are not penned in the cellar or outside or anything.

This is a shot I took during an ice storm we had a just before Christmas when we lost power for a week, as you see, I love to take pics!!!!!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good luck with the visit!

You have peaked my interest mentioning riding with your gelding as well...does your Dobie ride with you?

Silly question (I think..) Because you are getting a standard, I assume your dog will be walking/running while your ride, but I have to ask, since every once in a while you see those dogs who like to ride behind the saddle...(or surf, or whatever, hehe)

I am also just curious because I am considering a partial lease on a horse in the summer....I wouldn't trust my girl now off lease, so I am just wondering about the logistics!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Your dobie is just beautiful, what a gorgeous girl :love: and Phoenix looks great too. I had big plans to build stables and put up internal fencing and get myself another horse when we bought this property but now we don't have enough time or money to do it :sad: Can't believe I have 46 acres and still no horse!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Good luck with the visit!

You have peaked my interest mentioning riding with your gelding as well...does your Dobie ride with you?

Silly question (I think..) Because you are getting a standard, I assume your dog will be walking/running while your ride, but I have to ask, since every once in a while you see those dogs who like to ride behind the saddle...(or surf, or whatever, hehe)

I am also just curious because I am considering a partial lease on a horse in the summer....I wouldn't trust my girl now off lease, so I am just wondering about the logistics!
LOL, yes, the dogs walk/run with the horses. Jade, my Dobe, gets all excited when she sees me getting the saddle and gear out to get ready to ride. The standard pup will walk/run also, too big to be on my horse with me..lol. BUT, my toy is going to ride. I already bought a carry bag for him to ride in with me. Looking forward to spring when I can go out riding again. Sigh... I like winter but wish it was two months shorter!!

Your dobie is just beautiful, what a gorgeous girl :love: and Phoenix looks great too. I had big plans to build stables and put up internal fencing and get myself another horse when we bought this property but now we don't have enough time or money to do it :sad: Can't believe I have 46 acres and still no horse!!!
Thanks for the compliments! I am sorry your plans have been put on hold for a while. I know the economy is sooo bad right now, it makes it so much harder. I hope you can get your dream horse not too long in the future!

am waiting patient to see pics of the new pup
Ok, ok. LOL. Been WAY too busy the last few days. Went to look at the pups on Thursday, an almost 6 hour trip one way, so we didn't get back till midnight. Then had to get up early on Friday, go get all the stuff for my daughter's baby shower on Saturday, then go get a load of hay for the horses, then prep all the food/stuff for the shower. In the meantime I had a new pup to settle in. And, yesterday was the shower.

So, with no more ado, this is the girl. She is 12 weeks old, a chocolate, has some good pedigree behind her. Both parents have all tests done, as do the grandparents, etc. She is a very, very dark chocolate, not so dark as to look black though. Her father is an Italian import, this is the link to the kennel he came from and has his mom's and dad's photos on it, but I will post the pics... http://www.samarcanda.net/Export_1448268.html and this is the link to her father's grandfather... http://www.geocities.com/windfallsp/BooPage712.htm

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

more pics in following post....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
More pics of Angel...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

She is settling in well and has already gone to the nursing home and was great about it!! More info to come.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Angel's paternal grandfather: INT FIN EST CH Avivim Lev Zahav
[/IMG]

Angel's paternal grandmother: CH. Fidel Flying Noodles
[/IMG]

Angel's father's full sister:
[/IMG]

Angel's father's full brother:
[/IMG]

Whoops, forgot to put her father's pic... only have pic of her father at seven months old. Will be getting recent pic of him soon.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Angel's father: Samarcanda Cabryn The Italian Job
This is him at about six months old.
[/IMG]

Angel's maternal grandmother out of AM CH Ca-Bryn Mhl's Something Else X Brookview Marie Noelle
[/IMG]

It was such a long drive, I forgot to take a picture of her mother so will have to wait for the breeder to send me one.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sorry about the multitude of pics! I am really, really happy with this girl and expect to have a lot of fun with her going to nursing homes/hospitals, obedience trials and maybe even agility. There are a lot of great agility dogs behind her also.

This is a link to her paternal grandfathers info with lots of pics of him... he is GORGEOUS!!
http://www.angelfire.com/sc/scarpebox/jaffa.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
What a beautiful, beautiful pup...two, no three hundred percent better than the one you started the thread with! Congratulations! Could you please share or send me the link to the kennel you got her from...I've got a thing for dark chocolates ;)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.