1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PetEdge: Andis AGP Super 2-Speed Clipper

PetEdge: Andis UltraEdge 2-Speed Clipper
^I think I like this one better

I conviced Mom and Dad to chip in on buying new clippers. I want to make sure I dont waste my money, so can you guys give me your reviews on these? My budget is $150 for clippers, so if you have any other reccomendations let me know!

I'm so new at this and have no idea what blades to buy, any help please? Also do you use the clip on combs, or do they not work well?

Just trying to do everything right my first time, thanks in advance for the help :D

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I have looked at them both at different times and most seem to like them, is this for Atticus only or will you be doing more grooming? The only reason I ask is you might be able to find even cheaper on Amazon and Ebay brand new. I got my Laube Speed Feed for $109.00 WITH shipping:) It would be perfect for Atticus BUT if you do more on your other dogs - I'd say you like the better one.

Oh and I am with you on doing everything right, I did not ; )- I love the Laube but for four dogs I should have went with a little bit more power. I practice lots on mine (so I went through my first blade pretty quick lol)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Honestly because you have a toy dog I'd go with a cordless clipper that's a bit smaller. The little guys have tiny feet and those big clippers are hard to work with in my opinion. I'd say either a Wahl Arco or a Speedfeed would be perfect for you. The Speedfeed is really powerful for a long period of time and I love mine.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly because you have a toy dog I'd go with a cordless clipper that's a bit smaller. The little guys have tiny feet and those big clippers are hard to work with in my opinion. I'd say either a Wahl Arco or a Speedfeed would be perfect for you. The Speedfeed is really powerful for a long period of time and I love mine.
I have a tiny Whal one I use for his feet and face. This would be mainly for his body.

I think my mom and I will order one sometime this week. I just shaved Atticus' FFT and scissored his body so his body is even now. But I'm going to shave im down once I get my clippers, so he doesnt look so lopsided.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have a tiny Whal one I use for his feet and face. This would be mainly for his body.

I think my mom and I will order one sometime this week. I just shaved Atticus' FFT and scissored his body so his body is even now. But I'm going to shave im down once I get my clippers, so he doesnt look so lopsided.
Is it called a peanut? My speed feed is good for body work. I use it on my standards even.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the blue pair for woek and they have outlasted any other brand I have tried. i usually have to replace clippers every 6mo. - a year, these are over a year and a half and still going.

Depending on how short you want him will determine the blades. The 3 3/4 leave the hair about 1/2". The 4 is a little shorter. Make sure you get the blades with the F on them as in 7F, 4F, 5F untill you are good at grooming him, the skip tooth can do some damage if your not careful. The combs are only good if the dog is COMPLETELY combed out. Then they are great. I like the metal over the plastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts