1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spend a little more and get the Oster Golden A5 two speed(Petedge 144.99 worth the extra 10 bucks We have both and we like the Oster better

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm considering getting this clipper when I start clipping Fonzie myself. What do you think? Is there another one you'd recommend more?

http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Grooming-Equipment/Clippers-Blades/Andis-AGC-Super-2-Speed-Clipper/pc/504/c/510/sc/578/44077.uts

The price is $134.99
I think that clipper is fine, I use Andis clippers only. Never have liked the osters personaly. I have the ultra edge now and it's my favorite, I use it at work every day and wouldn't trade them. The only problem I've ever had with them is when I dropped them and the sharpener who serviced them put a bad blade drive in to fix the one I had messed up. That was his fault though, nothing to do with the clippers really. I have two friends who are also pro groomers that I have worked with in the past that use the clipper you are looking at and love them. Why spend more if you don't have to? The Andis will be more than fine and shouldn't give you any trouble at all.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Don't own an Andis or Oster but from others I've heard that Osters are a little louder than the Andis clippers. Andis are usually most recommended.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's input. I looked up the Oster, and it weighs just over 2 pounds! The Andis I'm looking at weighs just over a pound. That's a big difference, when you're handling it for awhile.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Just my opinion here but honestly it may be wise to stay away from adjustable blades like the one in the link above. You are probably better off and almost certainly safer using clippers that take ditachable blades that clip to only one length. I've seen to many injuries and mistakes made with the adjustable type blades, but maybe that just reflects the intelligence level of the owner groomers in my area?? LoL. They could be ok if you're careful with them and pay attention. My feeling is why make it harder than it has to be? With the detachable blades you can get whatever length you desire and not worry about "opps I didn't have it adjusted correctly and it's waaayyyy shorter than I intended."

Also thats right about shipping charges on petedge, but often if you spend X amount your order qualifies for free shipping, so check that out. Dont be shy about price checking though on different sites, a lot of times something will be on sale on another site and like I said in my first post why spend more if you don't have to :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I had these exact clippers and used them for about a year before they.. just died on me, in the middle of a dog. I now have them in a blue model and have had no trouble since.

But if you're just grooming your dog at home, they should be just fine, I'm a groomer and groom many dogs a day, so a year for me could be a lifetime for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts