Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm curious what type of dog food people are feeding their poodle?

Please note what kind of poodle and age too :)

We are currently feeding our standard poodle puppy (17 weeks ~25lbs) Blue Buffalo Puppy.

HE LOVES IT, and his poops are nice too ;)

-Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I have a miniature chocolate poodle 5lbs. and we feed him Nutro Mini Chunk. He's a dog that "prefers small bites" and his poops are firm :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I feed my two standards Kirkland Super Premium Adult Lamb, Rice and Vegetable. It is all natural ingredients and was recommended by the breeder. I give my mini, who is over 10 years old now, the same (moistened) with canned Pedigree beef and chicken.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a 1yr Standard, 3yr Mini and 1&Half yr Toy and I mix NUTRO Max Chicken and NUTRO Ultra and they love it and any digestion problems I have had have gone away. All 7 of my dogs are fed the same thing and they are super. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I feed my 2 5-year old Standards... (since they were 8 weeks old) a mixture of:
Solid Gold (Bison); Natural Balance (Duck and Potatoe) and Oven Baked Avoderm(Avocado); All three are all natural and the Avoderm makes their coats silky soft and shiny. Their poops are small and hard. Sometimes I mix in 2 TBLS of all natural cottage cheese and for treats they get apples and almonds.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a great recipe lol :) remember try a rich organic pork hide bone to keep teeth strong""
The site you link to has nothing to do wtih organic hide bones, in fact it links to another site referencing them that is not even up yet... thus your link has been removed.

Thanks
-Todd

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm feeding both pups EVO chicken small bites. The poops are firm but moist. My 4 month old is thriving. The new puppy is liking it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
We have a 6 month old standard and he is on VF Holistic Adult. The breeder thought that the puppy foods will make them grow too fast. The vet said to feed either large breed puppy or adult food. I'm still doing research to find the best food. There are so many opinions. It's hard!

Chris

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a 6 month old standard and he is on VF Holistic Adult. The breeder thought that the puppy foods will make them grow too fast. The vet said to feed either large breed puppy or adult food. I'm still doing research to find the best food. There are so many opinions. It's hard!

Chris
Puppy food has more protein that's needed in the development of the muscles as they grow. I`m not sure about large breed food but it may have more protein too... compare labels :)

So, to some it may seem it makes them grow to fast.

We used the Whole Dog Journal and a website that rated the foods, and picked a food that was on BOTH the lists. :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I feed my two standards (one is 4 one is 2 years and 9 months) Evo (either chicken & trukey or red meat one) and I add my own chicken or meat or whatever I have at the time to it. They love it, but doubt would just eat dry.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My standard will be two in October, My two toy poodles are 10 and 11. I feed them all Eagle Pack Holistic chicken and rice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So, I'm curious what type of dog food people are feeding their poodle?

Please note what kind of poodle and age too :)

We are currently feeding our standard poodle puppy (17 weeks ~25lbs) Blue Buffalo Puppy.

HE LOVES IT, and his poops are nice too ;)

-Todd

My standard puppy 13 weeks eats Merrick grain free puppy recipe . My toy and mini eat Merrick grain free salmon sweet potatoes and peas recipe

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I just started trying this new food
Blue wilderness has way too many "life bits" lately, instead of 5-15% it's now more like 40-45% Lou is starting to spit the little black kibble out and eating the rest :( I called blue, tried 3 different bags, still too many of the little black round kibble thingy.

I met a rep from this brand and decided to give it a try. The salmon one... It seems "comparable" to blue wilderness it's grain free also

NULO

Does anyone have an opinion ?

Thanks so much!! :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
Finn is 5 1/2 month old Spoo and gets TOTW high prairie puppy then I make a topper of 1/2 Stella & Chewy beef puck crumbled over the top a heaping spoon full of organic pumpkin and 1/3 tsp of anchovies fish oil then warm water until swimming. The water and S&C makes a nice broth.

BTW the fish oil is pharmaceutical grade that basically has almost no smell of any kind much less fish I got it at a raw food retailer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts