Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your poodle wakes you at at 3 a.m. because he vomitted in his crate, and you take him out and clean him up, clean out the crate, change the bedding, take him out to potty, then put him back in the crate and go back to bed....

....and he thinks morning is here and it's time to BE AWAKE, and cries and cries until you move his crate out of your bedroom, but you can still hear him crying and barking, so you clamp a pillow over your head and try to sleep, and he keeps this up for THREE hours until you finally drag yourself out of bed?

What the heck? He NEVER does this. NEVER. And last night hubby even took him for an hour-long walk (he usually gets about 20 minutes or so).

:dontknow:

Sorry, I just had to vent! I'm sooooooo tired....

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Hmm, walk around in a an angry and confused state all day?! :)

Poor Jager, he was obviously not clear on what was going on. 3 hours is a very long time to keep agitating for though!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, walk around in a an angry and confused state all day?! :)

Poor Jager, he was obviously not clear on what was going on. 3 hours is a very long time to keep agitating for though!
It was a LONG time. Just don't know what was up with him.

Is there something about 7 months of age? He's been being pesty about a lot of things lately.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm not there yet, but I have read that a lot of dogs start acting up around that age. I guess their hormones are surging and suddenly they're feeling around for what they can get away with? Seems a lot like having a hormonal teenager about!

Darcy is so active and crazed sometimes now, I dread to think how he will be once he hits that age!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea how long this stage will last? He was sooooooo good from 5 to 6 months old...

He's still a good boy for the most part, of course, but last night was a doozy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts