Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the summer? HE has never had a real hair cut and with the temps getting hotter I need to cut him down. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
ROFL, I was thinking a dutch clip too!! When all else fails I vote for a lamb clip or a miami (aka bikini/clown/sumer/beachcomber lol it's the first pic Purple poodle posted), stylish in any length no matter what.

Of course though.....*wink wink* I like the dutch in a dutch clip idea... there are about 10 variations so you can have just about anything! The criss cross is my fav.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Maybe the last link PP posted would look nice on Dutch. Im sorry, but Dutch is way too pretty to make him look like any of the other pics posted. (sorry guys) lol

I think what ever you decide try to keep his blended top knot (puppy head). That way you can continue to band his hair. Here is a pic of the rescue dog I did that I left a blended head. The body length is way too short (he was matted) and I wouldn't clip Dutch this short if I were you. Just a idea though.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
I cut Inca's body with a 4F, leave her legs just short of puppy pants and her top knot a little long to shade her eyes from the summer sun. I shave under her belly in a little heart shape to keep her cool. Having said that, here in England, you are more likely to be struggling with mud in the summer, not heat.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the cut that Gunther has? Does that have a name? I would leave him a puppy head with short body(not bald) and longer pant legs. :questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

Is there anyway for me to print a pic of Gunther?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Gunther's clip is a modified lamb clip. I say modified because his body is shorter then the actual lamb clip descibes. I LOVE Gunther's clip and still have my Eli in the same clip as well. Its a very handsome style and I think Dutch will look great in that clip.

My only pet peeve about that clip is when the legs dont get blended. It doesn't look finished (imo) and isn't too attractive. Gunther has blended legs though....he's soo beautiful!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I like it when they look like jointed teddy bears actually. Thing is the fluff up doesn't last not then they look funny. Constantly brushing up the fluff so now I blend it in more but not as much as gunthers

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
not usualy, none that I've heard anyway. You could argue that some of the clips with the less blended legs (like my puppy's) are closer to town and countries... The best thing you can do is print out a photo and take it with you. Juuust in case you happen to have a goober groomer who just has a total brain fart and doesn't understand what you mean by lamb clip - it happens :) LoL. Other best advice, and I can't stress it enough, is to decide about what length you want. Anything an inch or less is what most groomers can do, especialy with puppy hair. So many groomers out there never bother to ask an owner to get specific on exactly what they want and you get a lot of unhappy people that way. If you walk in thinking I'm getting a lamb like Gunther or one of the previous posted pictures and you aren't specific on lenght you may get back a dog who's baody has been shaved short. Tons of groomers do a lamb clip with a 7 or 5 blade as standard, unless you want Really short you may not like that verion of the clip. I certainly don't, but I'm the kind of person where the longer the hair is the better :) My MOST favorite clip in the world is a lamb clip with a #2 Gaurd on the body and a inch on the legs. I call anything with a #2G. "short but fluffy" since thats what so many owners are trying to tell me. I do this cut on TONS of dogs, not just poodles. It looks nice on ShihTzus, terriers, yorkies, maltese.... It's just pretty. Nice and neat, but not shaved, and not unkept looking :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts