Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All you grooming experts (and people who want to guess, too!)... can you possibly take a guess at what cut this is?

The ears have some fluff at the bottom, a mustache, and it looks like he has a defined jacket. Sorry the photos are such poor quality, I watched How to Marry a Millionaire tonight and got very excited when I saw the poodle.

Because I couldn't FIND pictures, I screen capped them. Hence the poor quality. Anywho, just take a guess, I know you can't see his lil bum! I guess that means I should apologize for the horrible hat the woman is wearing as well. The coneheads would have loved fashion in that decade! (Okay, okay, not to lie... I love Marilyn's little red outfit/swimsuit.)

EDIT: They are best looked at as thumbnails, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow, thats actually really cute (the dog not the lady, lol) but wonder if that comb of stach, naked ears, and dutch trim would look right on a spoo. I tried a mustach on my old spoo and he just reminded me of a redneck fellow who always had food in his facial hair.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wow, thats actually really cute (the dog not the lady, lol) but wonder if that comb of stach, naked ears, and dutch trim would look right on a spoo. I tried a mustach on my old spoo and he just reminded me of a redneck fellow who always had food in his facial hair.
It can really really suit somes spoos, it just depends on their physical structure, and how good the groomer is, so they can pull off a balanced 'look'

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
and the ears are known as 'tassled ears'; have a look at pics of bedlingtons to get different views of that style of ear (bedlingtons traditionally have tassled ears)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

FD, I LOVE the bedlington cut, and have always loved bedlingtons themselves (I set myself up for failure, being that I love terriers! :D)

I really want to put Perry in a cute cut like this, however... TheFiance scoffs any time I show pictures like this, saying, "That's horrible!" or "I hate it when they're cut like that."

I may have to make the appointment and do it secretly! lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
Love those older pics-and that cut is adorable...my groomer tried to talk me into putting Paulie into a mustache thing, but I just figured it would get dirty really fast-esp with him! My Toby always had a 'stache-he was a toy and it looked perfect on him.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*sigh* there goes my plans for a sneaky cute groom... we had a satin ball accident tonight... I will post in pictures

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's a Dutch Cut

The toy poodle is in a "dutch cut"..the ears are called Bell ears, partially shaved with the ends left on and shaped. Beware though...shops have their own names for things so bring a picture to make sure you get what you want.:amen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts