Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a 4 and a half month old mini, when we first got him he was all brown but now he is starting to go a reddish colour in places, especially on his head ears and tail. Could it be the sun bleaching his fur? Or will he change colour? New to owning Poodles so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 4 and a half month old mini, when we first got him he was all brown but now he is starting to go a reddish colour in places, especially on his head ears and tail. Could it be the sun bleaching his fur? Or will he change colour? New to owning Poodles so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yup he is a brown he probably will fade as he gets older. The reddish color is is most likely from the sun.
He is a cutie pie :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the picture where he is sleeping on his back with his paw sticking up. SO Cute!
That is his favorite position!!! He is such a man!!! lol! Seriously though he is constanly sleeping on his back. Is this normall???

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think he may stay brown. Sometimes the orangish tint is just from the sun and not really a indication the the coat will change. He is a cutie either way!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
He is a pretty dark brown, I think he will stay brown for some time, the lighter areas are sun bleaching. If you split his hair in these light areas, I would bet that the coat near the body is still a nice dark brown.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you split his hair in these light areas, I would bet that the coat near the body is still a nice dark brown.
Yes, it is quite dark. Is it better if they stay dark? I read it has something to do with there genes/pedigree?? Im a total beginner with poodles, so excuse the thickness!!! :dont-know:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much to everyone!!! He's got that butter wouldnt melt look, but he is far from it lol. Little terror!! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He sounds like quite a guy! I just noticed where you asked if it was normal for them to sleep on there backs. I've seen them sleep in the most odd contortions, yet they look so content. I guess whatever is comfy!

"He is such a man!!! lol!" - Shereen <---- Too funny. Likes to strut his stuff.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I agree he is brown. He definitely looks like he has sun bleached ends. He is quite dark so I don't think he will fade out a lot. Will be interesting to see what his coat does. He really is a sweet little fellow!

·
Registered
24 Posts
He is such a sweetheart!! He is a gorgeous brown for sure! He may fade or he may not, he looks very content and yes they do sleep in the most funy positions and being belly up is what they like best ;-) He is obviously a happy boy! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts