Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all — hoping one of you poodle experts can help me identify the color of my mini. I lean towards apricot, but she’s got a liver nose, and amber eyes. She’s also got the tuxedo white chest and white on three of her four paws. From what I’ve read, I realize she may be an abstract or mis-marked, and I don’t care. She’s a pet only - was just spayed two weeks ago. I just want to be able to identify her color to those that ask. Age 6 weeks in the top pic, 22 weeks in the bottom pic. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a question. What makes her an apricot versus a cream? Or would she be eventually called a cream if/when she lightens up as she gets older?
I think the mismark is super cute! And she looks like a lovely size too. Very few minis around where I am.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have a question. What makes her an apricot versus a cream? Or would she be eventually called a cream if/when she lightens up as she gets older?
I think the mismark is super cute! And she looks like a lovely size too. Very few minis around where I am.
Photo examples
My light red mini girls who faded to medium apricot

My little orange sherbet cream mini boy who has faded to cream

To my eye, the red, even lighter, is a richer color. When they go apricot, my eye picks up the slightest pink cast in sunlight. The cream, even when darker, is more orangey and has faded to a very pale yellowy tint. I think he looks like sunshine :)

A link to a site I refer to often for various poodle questions
There's a section on poodle colors which is very detailed and offers a historical perspective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the information and compliments. We really hit the jackpot with Luci. She's been sleeping through the night since we brought her home. She's learning very quickly, and has only had one accident in the house in the last couple of months. She was part of my son's Christmas gift, but she has really stolen all of our hearts. It's been about 5 1/2 years since our last poodle passed away, so she has been a welcome source of love, humor, entertainment, and a little frustration from time to time :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts