Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Is it brindle?
I've been looking up photos of brindle puppies and that kind of looks like what I've been seeing
^_^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think her dam is silver. She has the most adorable little face! I was just wondering if the tips of her hair would gradually fade or gradually darken.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Usually dogs get lighter. So whatever color they start out they gradually get lighter especially in silvers.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Does the breeder not know what color? Looks sable to me, but hard to tell with just a head shot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a silver spoo at one time but she was very inky black until she started getting lighter. I've never seen a "silver" this color before. I really like her!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Gah I can't even figure out what the difference is. They look so similar. I'm guessing that the cafe starts out brown and clears to a light brown and has the brown pigment right? The silver beige has the black pigment.

What the world is a sable? Is that a new color?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Gah I can't even figure out what the difference is. They look so similar. I'm guessing that the cafe starts out brown and clears to a light brown and has the brown pigment right? The silver beige has the black pigment.

What the world is a sable? Is that a new color?
No, I am pretty sure Silver Beiges have brown pigment, as they start off brown.

Sable is like the colour of a Sheltland Sheepdog or a Rough Collie, the Lassie dog.

Silver Beiges are like silvery brown, and Cafes are like a milky coffee type colour

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She sure is a cutie but after the initial inquiry the breeder will not get back with me. Don't know if it's me or them! LOL!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Sable.

It has black, brown and silver (silver beige?) hairs running through the coat. This would again be a disqualifying color in AKC because it is not 1 color.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As much as I would LOVE to have this little girl, the breeder says she is going to be bigger than we would like. What a shame! I think she is darling.

Breeder says she is Sable!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Usually dogs get lighter. So whatever color they start out they gradually get lighter especially in silvers.
By experience i can tell you that KPoos is right.
I've had two "black" poodles, with little whites in their puppy faces; and they have both turned silver.

So, i would say that your cute little puppy (she's adorableee!!) is silver! & gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts