Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have attached a few pictures that my breeder sent me. I would like to know what color she would end up becoming. Her breeder says that she is light red and has lightened now when compared to how she was when born. Will she be on the red shade or apricot or brown when grown? She is 6 weeks now.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Yellow
K
Dog Dog breed Liver Carnivore Grass

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Grass

Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Companion dog Fawn

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Water dog Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn

brown?

Registered
My uneducated guess is she will clear to cream. Her little face is too cute! I did do a double take on all those toes in the first pic. It took a second to register that some were her back foot. 馃ぃ

Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
My guess is currently apricot, but will lighten to cream based on her face and feet. It also looks like she might be an abstract? Her toes, nose, and a little patch on the top of her head look white.

Registered
I vote apricot and will stay apricot, but I'm not a color expert. She is adorable :) It looks like her tail might have been docked too short, but maybe it's just the angle.

Reactions: Sylvia K

Registered
I agree with TeamHellHound too .. currently apricot mismark and will probably lighten to cream.

I have an apricot puppy but he is remaining the same color he was born with. In fact he will darken a little when he guard hairs start to grow. Unlike this puppy, his face, ears, body鈥very part of his body was the same color of apricot. I saw his mother and grandmother and both were the same solid apricot color. His father was cream.

Have you purchased her or are you considering it? She sure looks cute.

Reactions: Sylvia K

Registered
Thomas the Old Man, Ethel May, Jeffrey Steven
I had a poodle that looked like her as a puppy. She eventually faded to completely cream except for a few darker streaks in her ears. She was sold as apricot. The only thing different is she had liver points while yours has black.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My uneducated guess is she will clear to cream. Her little face is too cute! I did do a double take on all those toes in the first pic. It took a second to register that some were her back foot. 馃ぃ
馃榾馃榾 I just went back and saw again after reading your comment, it sure needs a second look!!
Thank you. We cant wait for her to get home!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with TeamHellHound too .. currently apricot mismark and will probably lighten to cream.

I have an apricot puppy but he is remaining the same color he was born with. In fact he will darken a little when he guard hairs start to grow. Unlike this puppy, his face, ears, body鈥very part of his body was the same color of apricot. I saw his mother and grandmother and both were the same solid apricot color. His father was cream.

Have you purchased her or are you considering it? She sure looks cute.
Thank you!! We are wanting to purchase her. She is super cute, playful and very cuddly!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts