Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! My mom and I recently got toy poodle puppies! I got mine in May, and she got here’s in July. Well, she just got hers trimmed, and it was supposed to be a black puppy but now we aren’t so certain. I don’t know where she gets her information from, but she was told that puppies show their true color as you wash, and get their hair cut. Attached is a picture of her! Her name is Bella.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
The light snout and brownish tinge says she's a Blue...........a very pretty color! A blue is a very pretty gun metal gray and it will become so with age and her adult coat.

This is an example of an adult blue toy poodle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,062 Posts
Yeah, but is it me, or does the pup have a slight brindle stripe pattern? I'm leaning toward a sable brindle as a possibility, but more pics of him would help to confirm the presence (or lack of) of a stripe pattern.

On this link scroll way down to sable for pics; that little guy's coat color changed dramatically over time.
https://www.stunninglyss.com/explaining-poodle-colors.html

Here are a few more pics:
POODLE COAT COLORS: BRINDLE & SABLE

You can do images.google.com as "brindle sable poodles" for more photos.

Sosogreen, I'd be interested in seeing his weekly or monthly progression.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about bean? I’ll get more pictures of them both later! For Bean I don’t have many on this phone I’ll have to take some. He gets shaved Saturday! His AKC papers says blk/white but as you can see on his coat close up....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts