Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color bands do people usually use on show Poodles? Do you try to match it to the dog (white for white dogs, black for black dogs) or just pick whatever color you like?

I'm planning on ordering some bands (probably from Lainee Ltd.) for Bailey and was curious. It doesn't matter for Maltese b/c they wear bows in the show ring. (The bands aren't visable.) I'm thinking turquoise and black for Bailey.

·
Registered
875 Posts
What color bands do people usually use on show Poodles? Do you try to match it to the dog (white for white dogs, black for black dogs) or just pick whatever color you like?

I'm planning on ordering some bands (probably from Lainee Ltd.) for Bailey and was curious. It doesn't matter for Maltese b/c they wear bows in the show ring. (The bands aren't visable.) I'm thinking turquoise and black for Bailey.
I always thought that they should match the dog, but when I was preping for a show with Kaden's breeder, she told me to use black bands, and that it draws the eye back(making the face look longer perhaps, anyway I dont think that judges really mind what color you use LOL I have been tempeted to use pink, since I always have them around.

I LOVE Lainee LTD, I bought blue and pink wraps and bands. :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I use black on my blacks and colorless on my apricot.

But at home my favorite colors are purple and yellow :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts