·
Registered
3,145 Posts
She looks like a silver beige to me ?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Silver Beige....

Was he really dark chocolate? Or, was he a cinnamon brown color? What color were his parents?

I think the below picture is an example of Cafe.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Silver beige.

Was her face lighter as a pup? You can usually tell coat color as puppies by their face colors.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That is why I would be afraid of buying a brown puppy :rolffleyes: You never know to what color it would turn in couple of years :smow:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
That is why I would be afraid of buying a brown puppy :rolffleyes: You never know to what color it would turn in couple of years :smow:
Actualy when my husband realized that we couldn't promise the brown puppy I had fallen in love with would stay dark brown he refused to let me have her :( He knows me to well I guess, besides I really wanted a silver and he knew that too, so Saleen was the puppy he insisted on.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
That's why it's hard for me to even tell if a dog is brown of cafe. Honestly that cafe au lait dog looks like a faded brown. How would you ever tell the difference? Is it the points of the dog being black in browns and brown in cafes?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
'cafe, compared to brown', is just like 'blue, compared to black.' in that the colour change is more gradual (can take a few years to clear properly), and the final colour is usually a meduim shade of the original brown/black

'Silver beige, compared to brown', is just like 'silver, compared to black.' in that the colour change is much quicker, usually showing on a shaved face by 6 weeks of age, and is a very pale/washed out version of the orignal brown/black.

Browns often fade, and so do blacks, that is not the same as cafe/blue or silverbeige/silver. :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is what she looked like at 3 months old, dark chocolate. I have a feeling that she might be cafe au lait

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts