Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve been using bully sticks. Which Ollie LOVES. I’ve had one person say they are too hard for a poodke’s teeth but everyone else says no they are fine.

Wondering what else we might try?

Our trainer suggested looking into Himalayan chews or cow hoofs (she stuffs hers with treats) but she wasn’t sure if they are okay for poodle teeth. She did say the cow hoofs really clean her dog’s Teeth but might occasionally scrape the gum.

So wondering what else is safe to try? Don’t want him getting bored on just bully sticks.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I give my toys bully sticks, yak cheese (pop it 30 seconds in the microwave when it’s too small), Dentalife and veggie sticks. You can basically give them anything that is the right size, except rawhide. That’s a no no, too dangerous to get caught In the throat.

And don’t forget to take away the goodies when they get too small, so they don’t choke on them.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Bully Sticks,Buffalo ears, Lamb ears, tracheas,Yak cheese, are all ok And if you read about what happened with Molly's premolars you will stay away from bones LOL!.....also my Vet says she has seen small dogs come in with teeth broken from hooves and Nylabones & that what is safe is, is anything that is softened by the dog's saliva when chewing it. NO RAWHIDE as it can cause blockages!

Reactions: Dechi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts