Poodle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
馃ぃ a cat.. that's a good one, maybe they forgot their glasses at home?

We get Bichon all the time (I keep her in the teddy bear cut... but I do it myself without the attachable comb guard thing).

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #42
馃ぃ a cat.. that's a good one, maybe they forgot their glasses at home?

We get Bichon all the time (I keep her in the teddy bear cut... but I do it myself without the attachable comb guard thing).
Around the same time, my cousin's toddler would say "meow meow" whenever he saw her. 馃槀 She was actually smaller than most cats, but had a very tabby-ish coat when she was clipped short.

Registered
People always asked what Gia was, they never tried guessing. They were always shocked to hear toy poodle. Any poodle is very rare where we live so people don鈥檛 see them often. That and she was extra small. Everyone always thought she was a new puppy even at adulthood. She was so prissy in that way, she loved all the attention.

Registered
Last year I flew from Albuquerque to Houston to retrieve Zoe from her handler/breeder who had been showing her. She was, of course, in full show coat. She had a wonderful time in the airport because she was being admired - absolutely no one made a disparaging comment as she strutted by. There were some children - pre-teens - who were really excited about her and enjoyed petting her.

She road back to Albuquerque in one of those soft-sided airplane carriers that goes under the seat. When we landed in Albuquerque I pulled her "crate" out from under the seat and the woman in the adjoining seat was absolutely amazed that there had been a dog at her feet for the entire trip. I must say that I was worried that the airline might disallow her - the rule is that the dog must be able to stand up and turn around in an under-seat carrier - Zoe could do that, sort of. Most miniature poodles are too big to go in an underseat carrier.

In past years I occasionally flew to dog shows with either a standard poodle or a whippet. They had to fly as baggage, of course. None of those show dogs ever seemed at all bothered by flying. In fact, I had a whippet who would get really excited when we arrived at the airport because he knew that if he was flying somewhere he would also be sleeping on a bed with me! He was not fond of dog shows unless he flew! Wierd!

Registered
People guess the wrong breed for Rory ALL THE TIME ! 馃槄 Top ones are sheepadoodle, sheepdog, "poodle-and-what-else" and afghan hound ! It cracks me up. I think his coloring really throws people off as well as the length and straightness of his coat. I thought that getting his feet and face shaved, more people would guess he was a poodle, but no! ha!

Registered
People guess the wrong breed for Rory ALL THE TIME ! 馃槄 Top ones are sheepadoodle, sheepdog, "poodle-and-what-else" and afghan hound ! It cracks me up. I think his coloring really throws people off as well as the length and straightness of his coat. I thought that getting his feet and face shaved, more people would guess he was a poodle, but no! ha!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts