Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun to find out what everyone spends time on when they're not thinking about our poodles!

I'll start. When I'm not thinking about poodles, I'm thinking about...

Home decorating and design - I bought my first place a couple of years ago and have spent a lot of time/ money getting it how I want it.

Travel - Not really on the cards as much these days (see above) but I love to dream about where I could go. I am currently planning a trip to Vegas though, so that's taking up some time. Tips appreciated!

Healthy living/ eating - I like trying new foods and am always aiming to improve my diet.

And in terms of furry friends outside poodles, of course Portuguese Water Dogs and their activities take up some of my time as well. :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I am also into home deocrating. We have been undergoing a huge reno here, and are about 80 % complete. Thank God I live with a renovator!!

Gardening is a biggie. We live on an acre and a quarter, and every few years we add a couple of flower beds. I love to trade off perennials with my daughter, niece and daughter-in-law. A nice, inexpensive way to go about things.

If you ever wish to see the reno work we have been doing, we have a business page on Facebook, and most of the indoor jobs featured on the page are our house. I have lived here for 27 years and we built it, and it was just time for a huge overhaul. The page is under Harmony Contracting.

American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance are my addictions!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Roger and I are both artists and also gallery owners of the Main Street Gallery, The Main Street Gallery, Groton, NY: contemporary fine art We are also teachers at various community centers and I teach at a community college in the area painting and drawing.

We both love to travel, but are not going to be doing much in the near future. We travelled alot earlier on. I lived 20 years in England and also lived in France and Sweden.

We both adore film and cinema. I paint and do joint projects with Roger with sculpture and film. Roger paints, sculpts, photographs, you name it as far as the arts are concerned.

I love architecture as well and I grew up in a house by Frank Lloyd Wright. My father commissioned him to design our house and it was considered to be one of the last he designed. I think living in those surroundings influenced me to go into the arts.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love architecture as well and I grew up in a house by Frank Lloyd Wright. My father commissioned him to design our house and it was considered to be one of the last he designed. I think living in those surroundings influenced me to go into the arts.
Oh wow, that's amazing!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I love to read. I do a few photography shoots per month, when time allows. I have played the piano for 21 years, so, when it's just me, I play. Of course, I don't get a lot of "me" time, so most of my time is devoted to keeping my house/family clean and well fed.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Cultural Anthropology o.o
thats super weird right?

I got an assignment to sit in a mall for 3 hours and watch people and record their behavior and mannerisms, it was one the most amazing day I've had EVER

its not really a hobby, more of a passion for me
studying and recording people makes me feel so useful :D
my goal for all my hours of school ((and so much money :( )) is to eventually get a few Doctorates ^_^
oh and I want to get a bachelors in secondary education so that I can be a history teacher XD along side traveling around the world

but aside from my that and poodles
I read alot! pretty much anything I can get my hands on

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Cultural Anthropology o.o
thats super weird right?

I got an assignment to sit in a mall for 3 hours and watch people and record their behavior and mannerisms, it was one the most amazing day I've had EVER

its not really a hobby, more of a passion for me
studying and recording people makes me feel so useful :D
my goal for all my hours of school ((and so much money :( )) is to eventually get a few Doctorates ^_^
oh and I want to get a bachelors in secondary education so that I can be a history teacher XD along side traveling around the world

but aside from my that and poodles
I read alot! pretty much anything I can get my hands on
What kind of books do you like best? I am a huge John Grisham, Stuart Woods, James Patterson fan! Any suggestions for me?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I really like John Grisham XD
but because of this whole vampire craze I've been reading all of Anne Rices books ((I have 5 more left lol)) and I just finished all the Charlene Harris Sookie Stackhouse series ^_^

BUT I do like Perri O'Shaughnessy they're writing reminds me of John Grisham a bit
I've only read a few of their books but they're pretty interesting :]

and I love Janet Fitch too
I had to read White Oleander my sophomore year of High School and it became one of my most read books of all time
she has a newer book that I haven't read yet though "Paint it Black" so I'll have to get that sometime :D

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
well it's not entierly poodle realted; but I have a passion for grooming! lol. At the moment I'm thinking and dreaming about grooming alot due to this workshop in a few days so that's about all I do!

But otherwise I also love taking photos and reading a good fiction...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Travel

Gardening/landscape design

Biology/medicine (I read a ton of material a day from those areas)

Fashion (can somebody just please take all my "plastic" away :wacko:)

I am kinda DONE with "remodeling phase" in my life LOL - remodeled completely 2 homes and this third one is brand new- so just decorating ... but even that is loosing the charm lately LOL ALTHOUGH - would not mind buying a small cottage in Italy and remodel ;)

DANCE !!!!! My ultimate high LOL (beside going out lol )

·
Registered
562 Posts
What do i think about besides Spoos...

Horses, horses and more horses ha ha ha. I love my baby girl and i go see her everyday (mister goes too). I ride her all the time and am always looking for ways to improve her...in a good way of course. I love riding and practicing new things and all that. Its been 7 years since i got her and i couldnt imagine life without her.

I also think about my other doogs...Osita the old lady and Gracie the Chi.

I love travelling, camping etc.

Also family and friends are super important to me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm a Mum and Wife so my husband & daughter rank pretty highly!
I love scrapbooking, knitting and have just purchased my first sewing machine.
I was a personal trainer pre: domestic godess, so I guess I enjoy a bit of sport and outdoor recreation.
I adore straw bale architechture, and my baking is improving too!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I like horses, I have a paint mare. her name is Domino, and she is 7

I pretty much don't have much of a life outside of my dogs and work (more dogs)

Richard and I are both homebodies, and LOL we rarely go out, if we do its either to work, the pet store,or the dog park or shelter.

that kind of sounds sad now that I read it, but It makes me happy.

I lead a pretty low key life :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
I really like John Grisham XD
but because of this whole vampire craze I've been reading all of Anne Rices books ((I have 5 more left lol)) and I just finished all the Charlene Harris Sookie Stackhouse series ^_^

BUT I do like Perri O'Shaughnessy they're writing reminds me of John Grisham a bit
I've only read a few of their books but they're pretty interesting :]

and I love Janet Fitch too
I had to read White Oleander my sophomore year of High School and it became one of my most read books of all time
she has a newer book that I haven't read yet though "Paint it Black" so I'll have to get that sometime :D
I LOVED White Oleander!!!

I forgot to add that I love reading.
Im reading Bag of Bones by stephen King right now. I have set it down and picked it up a million times, but Im finally getting to the good part.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Jodi Picoult books. nineteen minutes, change of heart, and plain truth are my favorites by her.

OH and mid to late 90's grunge/alt rock

LOL good stuff

1 - 20 of 42 Posts