Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Lots of love for Asta and creme cookies from Three Dog Bakery (his favorites, I got a couple of flavors) Then of course he will want to share in Christmas dinner. Luckily this year we were able to save some and get a prime rib roast.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So many great gift ideas... I really like the fun day. I think that’s what Mimi would want the most.
I’m going to plan to get away for an hour to a little corner of the harbor at a beach close to my house, let her off leash and let her run free. That will completely surprise her and make her Christmas unforgettable. As long as there’s no people around for her to jump on she’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mine are getting:
The snaps taken out of the crackers
Special eco fire lighters so no snap crackle kindling needed
Lots of cuddles
As much of their usual routine as I can manage

They have a box full of toys they rarely play with, a large treat pot, and a freezer shelf of chicken, beef and vegetable meals, and at least two off leash walks a day. I reckon it is just about Christmas every day for them round here!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Mine are getting new Himalayan Yak, I found a new place to purchase thru Amazon, Pawstruck.com I am really impressed with how dense the yak is, at least so far. Need more time and more yak. The first one latest a week or so. They are also getting new stuffies. Though they won't last too long.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
I'm mostly with fjm in that it is nearly like Christmas every day for our dogs. I will probably give them each something extra in the way of chew treats and will pull a couple of toys out of the stash, but since they eat human food custom cooked everyday no special meals for Christmas. We do special meals for birthdays and new titles.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Well we’re heading home after visiting our kids and having our gift exchange. Babykins made out like a bandit. I bought all the dogs a furry bone that made all kinds of sounds when they touch it. They also all got the 32 degree puffer coats. As gifts from the kids she got a new Mendoza leash some stuffed toys. My dog has a million stuffed toys and I rotate them but she is always thrilled with a new toy which encourages others to keep give her toys. She also got toys from some of her trainers and friends. Some will eventually get donated to a dog shelter.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Molly also has Xmas all year round, so this year she will just have to be happy with the shipment of new chews and treats! She will spend the day with me at my son's house where she gets to play with the retrievers and the kitties, and gets to go outside whenever she wants cuz there is a doggie door!

·
Registered
592 Posts
My mom bought my dogs a stuffed toy, and West Paw ball for Christmas.

My wife and I will not buy our dogs any presents specifically for Christmas.

My dogs are agnostic, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Last year, the boys first Christmas, they got all kinds of new toys and special treats. This year I've kept it to a minimum, their bi-weekly nylabone set lol, and an impulse buy of the gigantic Lamb Chop.

My bet is under 10 minutes for poor Lamb Chop :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Very simple! A steak .... and a new toy that makes strange noises:)

He was so disappointed when we went to the Chiropractors today. They usually have a couple of office dogs there. They had gone on vacation with their humans, plus the old smelly balls had been replaced by 3 brand new ones. He had absolutely no interest in the new ones!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts