Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cricket and Clover seem to get along pretty well. Well, most of the time they are playing together outside, Clover is jumping all over Cricket and trying to get her to chase her. Sometimes Cricket does, sometimes she doesn't. Every once in a while Cricket gets a little grumpy with her, and kindof does this fake "lunge" thing at her when Clover annoys her, but from what I've seen, she has never barked at her, or growled at her or ever bitten her in anything but play. They kindof just play around and "mouth" each other and play bow, etc. I just let them outside to play together, and Cricket is not in the mood. Clover is trying to get her to play, and Cricket is just standing there staring at her and not moving. A couple times Clover started to back away from her like she was a bit intimidated. Cricket laid down on the deck, and Clover came prancing over to her, and Cricket did the little fake "lunge" thing again and Clover ran up into the yard by the swing set. Now Clover is laying up by the swingset, and Cricket is on the deck, and they are just laying there staring at each other! They have been doing this for about 10 minutes now!! Why are they doing this?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I would separate them and watch that they do not start T-ing each other (putting their head on the others back) and watch for stiff body language. Are they both spayed?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would separate them and watch that they do not start T-ing each other (putting their head on the others back) and watch for stiff body language. Are they both spayed?
i'm sorry, but what does "t-ing" mean? i never heard this before. i can picture what you are say, but what does it signify?

regarding the behaviour, seems like a typical example of "hey puppy energy, get away from me" meaning she's just not in the mood for this bundle of dynamite. after all, now she (cricket) is a "mature" young lady... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts