Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general knowledge question. With the daily or almost daily grooming of a poodle, what items do you think are the "must haves" for those daily grooming chores? What type of brush, comb, what hair products help with knots and tangles. I've learned so much already from this forum, and I know so many of you are pro groomers, I just want to know if I have what I should have to keep my dogs looking great! Any product recommendations are more than appreciated.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I really don't groom daily. I keep mine in short enough cuts that they don't need to be brushed daily. I'd say you need a large greyhound or poodle comb and a large pin brush.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
On daily basis, I couldn't live without my CC poodle comb.
Chris Christensen - BUTTERCOMB #004 POODLE COMB

I also couldn't survive without the CC extra long tooth, extra coarse comb. It works wonders for Romeo really thick and wooly coat.
Chris Christensen - Buttercomb #015 Extra Long Teeth, All Coarse

Of course slicker brush is a must as well.

I am one of those who does daily grooming on my guys, every other day when they are shorter after their cuts. Even when Brandy has a modified miami clip, she still has full head, ears, tail and her signature bell bottoms. I like those to look great, just call me vain. ;)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My "products" are from 2 companies. I use them every day on curly coated dogs.

PRE BATH spray detangler from Les Pooch. Spray it on a mat and work it out with the tips of the comb's teeth.

Ear Powder...Vise Grip Powder from Les Pooch. Beats the R7 hands down.

OMG Coat spray from Plush Puppy. Dilutes 20-1. It does everything from detangle to add volume. Wonderful...Much better than "The Stuff"

Blow Dry Cream from Plush Puppy. Rub it in your hands and apply to damp coat. OOmphy topknots and tails.

Wahl's new nail clipper $20, has a grinding stone in the handle, its rechargable and is a clipper/filer in one!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Les Pooch Silver brushes, LP F&T degreaser (for ears), my CC Fusion pin brushes, CC Butter combs, Show Season's Detangle and Results Rinse, my CC Kool Dry force dryer and my fluff dryer. Also, all my assortment of shears, but especially my Kenchii T-series and my CC shears (they are like bud-da)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Besides brush and comb.........My Arco Moser cordless clipper for FFT or for quick touch ups. Coat Handler Anti Stat spray for ear brushing and banding. And my dremmel to keep those nails short :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts