Poodle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mini 14lbs and 14" square. I need to get a bag for travel that can be used on airlines (different ones) and when I go to store and such.
I have done a lot of research and want only 1 bag as I already have 3 different car carriers that work perfectly but are to big for store carts and airline flights (I will NOT check her into baggage).

Saw a perfect bag at the airport just a few days ago and asked that person, but hers is about 7-8 years old from a store that is now closed.

Please tell me what you use. I don't need general advice, I need specific bag/brand/store.

would really appreciate it.. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did a lot of research on this recently, and we bought a Sturdi Pro 2.0: SturdiBag™ Pro 2.0 Size Large Pet Carrier with Heavy Mesh- Black only
The advantage of this bag is the flexible rod that fits along the top, which enables you to push the rods down to fit the bag in a smaller space. It is expensive but very well made and well-designed. We haven't actually taken it on a flight yet, but the reviews on Amazon suggested that people had had good luck with it, including with dogs a little on the large size - you might want to take a look. Our Charlie is a toy but a little over 10" tall.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Last November I flew WA to CA and back when I picked up Addie the Spoo as a puppy. I believe she was 14 pounds at the time. After much research I bought a Sleepypod Air for the journey. I was very pleased with it and would do it again. The Sleepypod is expensive but well made, has helpful features and flexibility. She snuggled right in and slept all the way on the flight. I had hoped to be able to use the Sleepypod as a car carrier for a couple months but she outgrew it almost immediately.

·
Registered
587 Posts
try to stick within the airline measurement. i have a made in china amazon bag. i think the brand is petfit. It has and continues to serve us well. Milo will be almost 6 and have clocked in a ton of miles. be aware that your poodle need to be able to turn in it comfortably, airlines will check this at times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a lot of research on this recently, and we bought a Sturdi Pro 2.0: SturdiBag™ Pro 2.0 Size Large Pet Carrier with Heavy Mesh- Black only
The advantage of this bag is the flexible rod that fits along the top, which enables you to push the rods down to fit the bag in a smaller space. It is expensive but very well made and well-designed. We haven't actually taken it on a flight yet, but the reviews on Amazon suggested that people had had good luck with it, including with dogs a little on the large size - you might want to take a look. Our Charlie is a toy but a little over 10" tall.
Thank you all for your replies.
Yes, I looked at StudiBags too. Did you actually buy large size for 10" tall dog? Did you ever fly with that bag? Wondering if they will allow on the plane with that size bag. also, I don't see any way to open it in such a way that had can be out but body in?
Can you please share your experience? Thank you

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you all for your replies.
Yes, I looked at StudiBags too. Did you actually buy large size for 10" tall dog? Did you ever fly with that bag? Wondering if they will allow on the plane with that size bag. also, I don't see any way to open it in such a way that had can be out but body in?
Can you please share your experience? Thank you
We did buy the large size for our toy. The company describes this as the largest size approved by the airlines. There is a way to have the head out, body in. If this link works, you can see a photo of that, as well as the language regarding airline approval. Unfortunately, we have not flown with the bag yet, so I can't share any personal experience. SturdiBag™ Pro 2.0 Size Large

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Large Sherpa Bag, the top is mailable so airlines accept them even though larger then their specifications: Amazon.com So when not under seat gives more room at height.
We did buy the large size for our toy. The company describes this as the largest size approved by the airlines. There is a way to have the head out, body in. If this link works, you can see a photo of that, as well as the language regarding airline approval. Unfortunately, we have not flown with the bag yet, so I can't share any personal experience. SturdiBag™ Pro 2.0 Size Large
Thank you both. Ordered both from Amazon. Will see which one fits better.
Really appreciate your help

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Wondering if they will allow on the plane with that size bag.
Different airlines have different requirements. Recently I flew a different airline than usual and had to even buy a different carryon for myself to be assured I would be able to keep it with me on the plane. Of the different airlines I have flown so far I found United to be the most restrictive size wise. You will need to check with each airline you are considering using. Also - realize that some of them have changed their size requirements at times, so double check closer to your flight date.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts