Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made a 1700 mile move, from Oklahoma back home to Nevada. Rusty was such an awesome traveler. Never had any trouble whatsoever. What cracks me up is even after that loooong drive he is still eager to get in and go! lol

Like my sons and myself....I think Rusty appreciates the dry heat here and no humidity!!

Everyday he amazes me more and more with his happiness, eager to please, and his smarts!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Are poodles tough dogs or what?

My mini goes on 10-12 mile hikes with me, has a wee nappy when we get home, then in an hour is ready to go again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
We're about to do that too, move long distance from St. Louis to central Texas (about 900 miles). We've visited many times and I agree it's amazing what good travelers poodles are! They just want to be with their people.

~Haley

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Last month we took Lucy on a 1,300 mile trip to visit our breeder... four days later we turned around and drove 1,300 miles back home!! She was FANTASTIC in the car (including the few trips we took while we were in Ontario that were several hours each way) We won't hesitate to take her on trips with us as long as there's something for her to do once we get to our destination. LOVE traveling with our spoo! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
We are going to visit my family in Tulsa. It is a 9 hour drive for us :doh: I hope Latte dose good this will be here first trip and her first time to meet my family. We are taking all 6 of are dogs. The other have made the trip many times before since all my famliy lives there we visit a lot. I really hope she is ok with the long drive.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts