Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think naming a pet is so fun! I find it interesting why people name their pets what they do. So, my question is what’s your dog’s name and why?! My dog’s name is Teddy. Our family voted and Teddy got the most votes.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
lol I have no clue how I came up with Renn. Could be that our boxer was Kai and the Star Wars guy my daughters liked was Kylo-Ren, so it was Kai n Renn

·
Registered
24 Posts
My mother likes the movie A Street Car Named Desire so I named her Stella. She likes yelling Stelllaaaaa when she calls for her to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gia took me awhile to name. I wanted something short and unique that wasn’t the typical tiny dog name. My ex who got her for me was watching the Brett Michaels rock show and I heard him say Gia and loved it. We called her gbug a lot. Then when she passed and we got our yorkipoo we couldn’t think of names and our son (4 at the time) said G2 when calling her. I was against it at first but she acts so much like Gia it’s unbelievable so G2 stuck. Lol. I will say I like that it’s not common! I love the look on people’s faces when we tell them her name. People either love it or hate it but it grew on us. The new pup, I don’t even know. I’m at a stand still for hers. I have awhile yet but so far I’m all blanks.

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
Asta is named after the wire terrier in the Thin Man movies. Being a big fan of the Thin Man series I just knew that my next dog would be Asta.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I feel like my dogs have named themselves. Gracie was Roxie for a few days until suddenly I just knew she was Gracie.

Peggy was Mabel for weeks until "Peggy Sue" popped into my head and I just...knew. I was scared to mention it to my husband, since he'd originally named her. But he was like, "Yep. That's her name." There was no fighting it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Normie's breeder is Norm (or Big Norm as well call him from a safe distance). Friendly, easy-going, and pleasant - just what we wanted in a puppy.

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Pogo is Pogo because he was so athletic in his younger days; he was capable of amazing jumps.

Snarky was Snarky because he had deficient doggie social skills. If Pogo was around he would snark at another dog and then expect Pogo to come save his furry but.

Galen is Galen for two reasons. One is after the influential Roman doctor and philosopher; we all need a little thoughtful healing right now. The other is for galena, which is a lead ore. Since his daddy is blue, I thought there was a possibility his black might fade to a leaden color.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Leah came about because she is white and black like a cow. So the kids looked up girl names that mean cow. It is an old derivative in Hebrew? Lol...mocha is white and brown and she is more my dog and I'm a coffee lover so it works.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Princess Beatrice was named by my mother, an inside joke because I always referred to her dog as Princess Grace.
Miss Pia Maria is a nod to my Scandinavian heritage.
Mr. Leonard Pink was name after the poodle in Secret life of pets, and Mr. Pink as he is my first boy and had many pink hand me downs as a puppy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts