Poodle Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
Starla had quite a collection of favorite things found in the backyard, she would put them all on one of the raised dog beds on the patio, but the absolute most favorite was the old leather gardening glove she found. 馃槀 it was so gross and she loved it so much. She would throw it around and catch it and try to entice the kids into chasing her for it.
Lol. Peggy had one of those, too. So gross and slimy.

Registered
I once had a greyhound who cruised the neighborhood looking for balls that careless children had left outside. On his way home with them he would usually puncture them. This was a rural "neighborhood". We had a chain link fence, but a greyhound can easily clear a six foot fence, so he got loose from time to time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Haha, that greyhound was teaching the kids a lesson. Pick up your toys and take them home or your balls will be punctured.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think puppies think that fingers and hands, toes and feet, shirts and pants, and everything else are the best toys.
Frustratingly yes. 馃槩

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

Registered
My male and female mini poodles love their toys!!! Lamb chop, little stuffed toys they can catch, and black bear toys. They have a lot of toys!!! There is always a favorite of the day鈥攖he desired prize toy that they take turns sneaking from each other!!! There is always a bit of competition going on鈥攎aybe a brother/sister thing!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Pine cones outside are a favourite for my puppies outside. In the house it鈥檚 pretty much anything that鈥檚 not nailed down. Socks, floor rag, Kleenex, toilet paper etc.
Haha. It鈥檚 quit a chore keeping all that fun stuff away from my guy. I have a huge pine tree next to our designated potty spot filled with pine cones. DH kindly raked them up and relocated them to the woods.

As for those other temptations you mentioned I鈥檓 trying to be strict about avoiding them so Theo doesn鈥檛 develop bad habits that I would have to change. Instead my house looks like a toy store that exploded with toys scattered everywhere he might look for trouble.

Registered
Haha. It鈥檚 quit a chore keeping all that fun stuff away from my guy. I have a huge pine tree next to our designated potty spot filled with pine cones. DH kindly raked them up and relocated them to the woods.

As for those other temptations you mentioned I鈥檓 trying to be strict about avoiding them so Teddy doesn鈥檛 develop bad habits that I would have to change. Instead my house looks like a toy store that exploded with toys scattered everywhere he might look for trouble.
Yes. My house is an explosion of Dog toys. My little puppies decided it was time to renovate the living room wall. Chewed a hole and ate the wall patch. 馃檮
I have an outdoor cat, horses and goats! The poop is delicious! 馃檮
They eat Kleenex like cotton candy!
I love them dearly but I can鈥檛 wait for them to get older and stop the badness.

Registered
Sticks from the woods that can be chewed up; small stuffed animals from thrift shops that already smell like kiddos or other animals; and tennis balls, especially if they have been slobbered on a lot, ot by another dog!

Registered
For Gracie, anything with a squeaker and also balls of any sort. Empty soda/ water bottles are a huge hit too. As an adult, she proudly carries around the 2 liter size, I think she likes the fact that it is rather huge for her! I do need to get a picture of that, especially when she sits and nuzzles it like a precious belonging.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts