Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever noticed the best “toys” are not the ones you bought as a toy?

Theo’s favorite are cat igloos that served a little hideaways and beds for my elderly ragdolls. They have now been repurposed as the best puppy toy. Keeps him engaged long enough to have a serious business call. We stuff it with toys and a pizzle.

He drags it around, extracts the toys and chews the pizzle. He climbs on top and squishes the ceiling down to form a regular pet bed. He rolls it around like a hamster ball and in the end he sleeps in or on it.

Spoo puppies would soon outgrow this. Minipoos might enjoy a few months and tpoos would have a lifetime of fun.

Reminds me of cats preferring the Chewy box more than the contents

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reactions: ShamrockPoodle

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
249 Posts
Toilet paper rolls, lids, paper, tiny pieces of lint, dirt, grass, rocks, wood chips, wash cloths, and the number one most important and fun thing to play with especially when people are watching iiiiiis, you guessed it, his wee wee 😏

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, oh no. Mine hasn’t found his yet. Do they show more inte in their wee wee as they get older, near puberty? Is this a stage to look forward to?!?!?

Reactions: Phaz23

·
Premium Member
24,032 Posts
Lily has always had a role in choosing toys I bought while she was with me in a place like PetSmart. She is very studious about it. She likes any soft stuffed buddies and has very special fondness for the hide it types things with little toys in a larger object. She also has very huge warm feelings about toys she has won. As to Javelin he doesn't play much with toys since Lily crushed his sense of fun for them by taking them away all the time when he was a baby. Checking out his boy bits is nothing big with him though, so maybe Theo won't have much interest either.

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
The favorite for me & others on the forum is LambChop.. I have a couple of different sizes. As he is a spoo, he ;loves his giant size, but also have the medium. I always keep a LambChop in reserve .for Asta loves LmbChop so well and will destroy and then LambChop has to to go to the toy hospital.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Catherine I’m hoping that since Theo has no interest in his wee wee hopefully he will continue? Time will tell.

Claire, we have a medium LambChop but I found a petite sized one in the store the other day, so cute. Ours is not well made, I’m constantly mending it. It’s in the hospital as I type.

Babykins favorites are those ZippyPaw toys where small toys with squeakers are stuffed inside something. She has several but her favorite are bunnies stuffed in a carrot. She loves the bunnies and she can identify each one separately.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Zoe loves stuffed toys and is gentle with them, more or less. BUT . . . big sister Opal, the Labrador, thinks stuffed toys are to be destroyed as fast as possible. So the toys scattered around the house and yard are balls and ropes.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joanna I’m keeping a few special toys like this new rainbow unicorn set aside for Babykins. I’m finding out how much work it is to have more than one dog. Haha

I can see where having dogs of different sizes and temperaments is even trickier.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I wish Bobby liked stuffy type toys more as there are so many awesome ones to be had. He played a little bit with them when he was a puppy but not his main toy love. He has loved balls his whole doggy life. Not a huge tennis ball fan although they will do in a pinch. He absolutely loves the squishy, squeaky, soft rubber ones best. His all time favorite toy is his rubber chicken. His rubber chicken can only play once in awhile as I really think he thinks it’s real. He very carefully and ever so gently carries it in a very obsessive way, to the point he can’t sleep so we limit playtime with this toy along with all of his other rubber squeaky toys. As far as other objects becoming toys...we have two indoor out door throw pillows that he’s allowed to play with. They are very sturdy, washable and he is not particularly destructive so they have basically become his. He loves to shake them pretty much every night before bed.

·
Super Moderator
2,595 Posts
Once Pogo got past his chewing stage he loved ordinary children's stuffed animals. I used to bring him presents from the clearance bin at Walmart. Snarky had little interest in toys (which meant Pogo usually ended up with two Walmart clearance stuffies.) However, one day when I was walking him, Snarky lunged and came up proudly holding a baby rattle shaped like a stuffed giraffe. This became his toy.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny what they get attached to. Each has their own personality don’t they?

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
249 Posts
Haha, oh no. Mine hasn’t found his yet. Do they show more inte in their wee wee as they get older, near puberty? Is this a stage to look forward to?!?!?
Tekno’s lil Tekno has been his best friend since the day I got him at 4 months. I even rushed him to the vet because I thought he had a UTI but nope diagnosis was terminally male 😂

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tekno’s lil Tekno has been his best friend since the day I got him at 4 months. I even rushed him to the vet because I thought he had a UTI but nope diagnosis was terminally male 😂
Terminally male 😂👍

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here’s Theo making the best use of the igloo. Haha

Haha Peggy is so funny with her creative choice of toys.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Gloves, hats, eyeglasses, Kleenex, money and documents were unintended favorites. Flirt pole, a giant “Sadie the Bear”, size 3 soccer balls have been the most cost effective fun. Lamb Chop spent a lot of time in the hospital. Sadie cannot be destroyed. (Fluff and Tuff makes her along with many other sizes and critters.)

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
Sadie cannot be destroyed.
Peggy says, “I beg to differ!” Lol. But Fluff and Tuff really are so much better than any other plush toys I’ve encountered. Absolutely love them and will be sure to treat Jaws...errr....I mean Peggy....to another at some point.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Starla had quite a collection of favorite things found in the backyard, she would put them all on one of the raised dog beds on the patio, but the absolute most favorite was the old leather gardening glove she found. 😂 it was so gross and she loved it so much. She would throw it around and catch it and try to entice the kids into chasing her for it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts