Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't go anywhere without my camera hardly, not even into the next room lol. It's almost always on my person it seems.

Nicholas is doing better, he has FINALLY started to gain weight. He gain just over a pound at his 2 mo appoint at 9 weeks and has put on another pound since then. He now weighs 9lbs. Still a tiny little guy. He's wearing all of his newborn sized clothes still most of the 0-3 mo sized clothes are to waaay to big. He can wear a few of them but they are all big. We finally switched to size 1 diapers b/c they come more to a pack for the same price as the newborn sizes and they do fit but they are still pretty big on him. lol. He's a bean pole, long and lean in the 5th % for growth across the board. His doctor finally says he's OK to grow at his current rate though. She's eliminated all the possible problems and we know he is eating enough, often enough. He's just gonna be a slow starter.

He was 12 weeks old on Wednesday, haha if he was a puppy we'd be sending him to his new home :p As it is I won't even leave him with a family member for an hour or two. Apparently I have seperation anxiety LOL. Odd, since at the begining all I could think of was getting away from him and OMG, What have I done!! LoL. Baby blues and post part depression are also much improved and I actually enjoy being a mommy, most of the time. We;ve also started sleeping through the night... mostly. We have a bedtime routine now that includes one last play time, bath, rocking and a story and feeding then sleep. It's nice to have a set end to the day.
He is starting to behave himself long enough to "help" mommy groom the spoodles and I shaved both the tibbies down recently so no more dog hair ! Whoo. My mother just about died when she saw them. What a snob she is, she kept going on and on about "OMG and they were carrying such wonderful coats!!" Umm yeah that big wonderful show coat that sheds non stop. I'm tired of picking dog hair of certain parts of my body (transferred there during feeding) while I'm nursing. Now if only I could hold the cats down I could really put a stop to the little hairballs that sometimes run around the house when I've been lax on vacumming. :p
We are also taking daily two mile walks at the park around the new walking track they put in with both the spoos. Saleen is loving that. My car is kind of tight with all three of us in it but we manage. Jazz sits up front and Saleen and Nicholas sit in the back. I have to keep an eye on her in the rearview though b/c she wants to lick Nicholas all the time. Wouldn't be so bad except she always wants to slobber her big huge tounge all over his face lol. He isn't a fan of that. The walks are also wearing Saleen out so yay she's calmer for a couple of hours in the evening. Makes it easier to deal with her. Poor girl, she just needed some attention and I didn't have much to spare.

Pictures attached as always :)

2010_04119wkNicholas0003.jpg
playing on the floor, about to do "tummy time"

2010_04119wkNicholas0018.jpg
mommy and me in the new wrap carrier mommy made

2010_04119wkNicholas0026.jpg
What baby weight?? :p

2010_04119wkNicholas0033.jpg
Meeting a friend of daddy's at the park (seriously this goose is MEAN but he follows John around like a puppy whenever we're there)

2010_042110wkNicholas0008.jpg
On the boppy pillow holding my noggin' up

2010_042110wkNicholas0024.jpg
At the condo - Beach baby!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
wow, he may not have grown heaps, but he's looking older and he's changed a lot since we last saw pics of him!!! And YOU are looking great too!!!! :D:D

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
YAY!!! Wonderpup, how nice to get an update and hear how well things are going. What a beautiful little man he is!! You will likely find that now that he is beginning to gain weight, he will grow in leaps and bounds from this point forward.

My last baby, Matthew, was born seven and a half weeks early by emergency c-section. I did not fare very well after surgery having lost a horrific amount of blood and he was in crisis for about eleven days after his birth with respiratory distress and moved to a hospital far from me. When he came home he went from 5 lbs. 2 ounces to 4 pounds 2 ounces in two weeks. My Doctor was not supportive of my breast feeding him and a real jerk, so I asked to see the pediatrician that saved him when he was born. That man was like a Dad with me, and offered kindness and warmth. In two visits he announced he did not want to see me anymore because he had no time for healthy babies. Weight began to pile on him and he was a rotund little porker in no time. I just needed to recover from surgery, and needed some kindness from the doctor. The rest is history. He will be 27 in December and has enjoyed a healthy life once we got over that little hiccup. The same is likely going to happen to you...you have settled into it, and are now over the blues for the moost part, so everything will just get better and better now.

Glad to hear it is all working out with the dogs too. You've gotta do what you've gotta do, and if clipping everyone down helps lighten your load and makes things better for you, so be it.

Thanks again for the update. I think about you often and wonder how you are doing, so lovely to hear from you how everything is.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thats quite a story, scary! lol I found your poodle's facebook page the other day and said hi. You gotta friend me on facebook, there ate TONS of Nicholas pictures and almost daily updates and blurbs on life in general. Nicholas' album has more than 100 photos in it already.

I can understand about finding a good doctor and what a big difference it makes. When Nicholas was a week old we had a little bump in the road with the doctor we were using. Well not with the doctor specificly I guess but with his nurses. They were all about how I was starving him and I obviously didn't have milk and this and that and I HAD to give him formula b/c he was getting sick. They sent us to the hospital to have blood tests done for Jaundice b/c he was sooooo yellow they said and at 12 days old that was just unacceptable. I was SO upset! Not only did he had an eye issue that we were told was an infection but he had also gotten a cold (from the doctors off) when he was seen right after birth. Their waiting room left a lot to be desired. We switched doctotors the next day to one who worked at the hospital John worked at. Another bonus is that this doctor is asian and she laughed when we told her what the two nurses had said. She looked at me and looked at Nicholas and said well YEAH he looks yellow compaired to your skin! He did have jaundice but it wasn't bad really and she canceled the blood testing. Why poke them if they don't really need it she said. She also said he had a clogged tear ducts NOT an eye infection and we stopped giving him the goop in his eye. She's been great since then other than being worried at first about his weight gain. She wasn't freaking out and telling me he was starving though, she just covered all the possibilities.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
wow thats quite a story, scary! lol I found your poodle's facebook page the other day and said hi. You gotta friend me on facebook, there ate TONS of Nicholas pictures and almost daily updates and blurbs on life in general. Nicholas' album has more than 100 photos in it already.

I can understand about finding a good doctor and what a big difference it makes. When Nicholas was a week old we had a little bump in the road with the doctor we were using. Well not with the doctor specificly I guess but with his nurses. They were all about how I was starving him and I obviously didn't have milk and this and that and I HAD to give him formula b/c he was getting sick. They sent us to the hospital to have blood tests done for Jaundice b/c he was sooooo yellow they said and at 12 days old that was just unacceptable. I was SO upset! Not only did he had an eye issue that we were told was an infection but he had also gotten a cold (from the doctors off) when he was seen right after birth. Their waiting room left a lot to be desired. We switched doctotors the next day to one who worked at the hospital John worked at. Another bonus is that this doctor is asian and she laughed when we told her what the two nurses had said. She looked at me and looked at Nicholas and said well YEAH he looks yellow compaired to your skin! He did have jaundice but it wasn't bad really and she canceled the blood testing. Why poke them if they don't really need it she said. She also said he had a clogged tear ducts NOT an eye infection and we stopped giving him the goop in his eye. She's been great since then other than being worried at first about his weight gain. She wasn't freaking out and telling me he was starving though, she just covered all the possibilities.
What is your name on Facebook> I would love to add you!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your name on Facebook> I would love to add you!!
[email protected] is probably the easiest way to find me. :) I left a comment on your page a couple days ago b/c I ran across a pretty red poodle picture and realized it was you lol.

and just because I can I will post the links to the videos since Facebook is a butt and won't let me upload them there for some reason. Oh well youtube never lets me down LOL.

Nicholas talking with Daddy

Nicholas splashing in the bath (my personal favorite lol)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Too cute. I think you may have a little chatterbox on your hands. And the way he is kicking in the water, he looks like he is going to be a dancing machine too! Adorable.

Why don't you just add me as a friend on Facebook? Cherie Perks, Kitchener network...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Oh those pics are too cute. I love baby pics!!! Its wonderful to see how well he is doing!!! I love babies and it is such a wonderful stage. Give him an extra cuddle for me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi WonderPup. I haven't been on the forum for a while but checked in tonight just to see if there was a baby Nicholas update. Glad to see that you're all doing well. He's absolutely adorable. I'm sure he'll start to grow like a weed soon, too. They just do things in their own time sometimes.

I'm also glad to hear that you're managing to juggle the baby and the dogs. And that you did the practical thing and gave the tibbies a haircut. Everyone will be happier if you're not stressing over dog hair or mats!

I also added you as a friend on facebook. Please confirm me so I can see all those other pictures!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oh my goodness. I like the video with daddy! That was yummy precious. The pics are sweet and he is a dollbaby!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts