Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I was shocked by how unprofessional this show was this year. And I have been watching for a loooong time
He talked about the Irish Terrier and Called him an Irish Setter.!!!!
Many time he used the wrong dog names. What a mess. BIS was fabulous as usual..

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
There were many ridiculous things - including some judges "attires" LMAO My hubby commented one as a "walking sofa" :pound:

Irish Water Spaniel was my favorite - he had such a great temperament - I am starting really to "drool" over that breed LOL

Many other dogs had great looks though- that Whippet had the most amazing color and pattern !!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were many ridiculous things - including some judges "attires" LMAO My hubby commented one as a "walking sofa" :pound:

Irish Water Spaniel was my favorite - he had such a great temperament - I am starting really to "drool" over that breed LOL

Many other dogs had great looks though- that Whippet had the most amazing color and pattern !!!
Ya the whippet My husband said that it looked like a transfer pattern of some sort. I dunno if I could live with the topline of a whippet ewwwww
they look like the are apoligizing for something . I like the Kerry Blue terrier...
Ya the sporting breeds are all tops in my book I love the drive and determination of the sporting dogs. I breed for that in my spoos...

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!! Whippets are glorious dogs to live with, and I will never be without one (or three!). Gentle, kind, sweet spirited souls. They need that topline to give them speed. It all makes sense when you watch them run at 35 mph!!

My fave of the entire show was the boxer. I think the handler of the show award goes to the gal who handled the Dobe. My soul, she knew exactly how to get the best out of that dog!!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!! Whippets are glorious dogs to live with, and I will never be without one (or three!). Gentle, kind, sweet spirited souls. They need that topline to give them speed. It all makes sense when you watch them run at 35 mph!!

My fave of the entire show was the boxer. I think the handler of the show award goes to the gal who handled the Dobe. My soul, she knew exactly how to get the best out of that dog!!!
I agree she was awesome with that dog !

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oh yes you breed these as well...So i understand your consternation ! You are certainly entitled to your opinion ....As I am mine :)
I have no experience with this breed at all ...Just know about the looks ...Coming from the dog show world and topline being ALL that in the sporting dogs as well as the Poodles... I just have an eye for topline ....Sight hounds have never been a favorite of mine..

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I LOVE WHIPPETS! I think they are gorgeous dogs... It's a good thing there are lots of different breeds for different preferences!! I still swear that my first mini dachshund had some IG in her - she had the slightly hunched topline and the crazy ears - my vet said no, she was purebred mini dachsie - but I'm not convinced! Because everything about Meika was precious to me, I adore the profile of the sight hounds - I think salukis are GLORIOUS!!! They have the lines of a Porche or a Lamborghini!! :)

Edited to add a picture of my Meika - anyone but me see possible sighthound attributes in this little girl?? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts

Oh yes you breed these as well...So i understand your consternation ! You are certainly entitled to your opinion ....As I am mine :)
I have no experience with this breed at all ...Just know about the looks ...Coming from the dog show world and topline being ALL that in the sporting dogs as well as the Poodles... I just have an eye for topline ....Sight hounds have never been a favorite of mine..
No consternation on my part. I figure they have been around forever, so maybe they look the way God intended all dogs to look. Coming from a very intense show background, I know how important a good straight topline is in a breed that is to have one, but Whippets are not to have one, and again, it is all for the speed. And no, I do not breed Whippets unfortunately. I had one litter, and would love to do more with them, but it isn't in the cards right now, as Iris is a tad too tall, and throws pups that are way too tall (a cross between a Whippet and a Greyhound).

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Love for the curvy (correct!) topline on a Whippet! It helps them move like no other dog can... sigh.... I am so glad that I have video of Robin coursing to watch. They are amazing. Of course, seeing a curvy topline on a different breed is a whole 'nother story - it just ain't right! :rofl:

As for the show last night, I was really hoping the Dobe would get it. She is an amazing speciman of the breed and showy to boot.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Love for the curvy (correct!) topline on a Whippet! It helps them move like no other dog can... sigh.... I am so glad that I have video of Robin coursing to watch. They are amazing. Of course, seeing a curvy topline on a different breed is a whole 'nother story - it just ain't right! :rofl:

As for the show last night, I was really hoping the Dobe would get it. She is an amazing speciman of the breed and showy to boot.
Hurray for youir intelligence and knowledge of the breed!! They are something else, aren't they??

That Dobe was splendid but her handler was amazing!!!

Yes, PC, I think Meika does have a smidge of IG or Whippet in her!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow I could have sworn that you shared some of your puppy pictures here on the forum not too long ago .
Here is the "Whippet"
Having evolved for over a hundred years, it was not until 1891 that official recognition was given to the Whippet by the English Kennel Club.
One of the oldest domesticated dogs in recorded history, the Pharaoh originated in ancient Egypt as far back as 3000 B.C.
Known in Ireland since the 17th century, the Red and White is thought to be the older of the two Irish Setters..Here is the Irish water spaniel :) A dog of ancient lineage, there is evidence of Irish Water Spaniel-type remains going back as far as the 7th and 8th centuries AD. In the late 1100’s, dogs found in southern Ireland below the River Shannon were called Shannon Spaniels
Actually not that long according to AKC There is not way to really track a breed before the "Evolution" is done a a breed stnadard has been written it is really not a breed..... Until that time they are not considered "A Breed"

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes she was I thought she had it !
I hear what you are all saying I just do not think I could live with it . The seriously look like the are whipped....Sorry :( :wacko:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can we get back to the westminster show now ?
i was surprised at the dog that did win ....Nice but I loked the Brittany better she was lovely ..

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Can we get back to the westminster show now ?
i was surprised at the dog that did win ....Nice but I loked the Brittany better she was lovely ..
Scotties are not my favorite breed, but I have to admit that Sadie is beautiful.

I was not surpisedat all that she won... she was a favorite to win after such a successful year (she won BIS at the AKC/Eukanuba show in Dec.)

That white toy poodle was just stunning!!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scotties are not my favorite breed, but I have to admit that Sadie is beautiful.

I was not surpisedat all that she won... she was a favorite to win after such a successful year (she won BIS at the AKC/Eukanuba show in Dec.)

That white toy poodle was just stunning!!!
The toy was stunning ! God I would hate to have to judge BIS

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Wow I could have sworn that you shared some of your puppy pictures here on the forum not too long ago .
Here is the "Whippet"
Having evolved for over a hundred years, it was not until 1891 that official recognition was given to the Whippet by the English Kennel Club.
One of the oldest domesticated dogs in recorded history, the Pharaoh originated in ancient Egypt as far back as 3000 B.C.
Known in Ireland since the 17th century, the Red and White is thought to be the older of the two Irish Setters..Here is the Irish water spaniel :) A dog of ancient lineage, there is evidence of Irish Water Spaniel-type remains going back as far as the 7th and 8th centuries AD. In the late 1100’s, dogs found in southern Ireland below the River Shannon were called Shannon Spaniels
Actually not that long according to AKC There is not way to really track a breed before the "Evolution" is done a a breed stnadard has been written it is really not a breed..... Until that time they are not considered "A Breed"
WOW!!! You have done your detective work! Yes, I posted an album of Whippet puppy pictures. This was Iris's sole litter born nearly three years ago. I posted them for the benefit of Kpoos and AgilityIG and others who have PM'd me about my Whippets. I have also posted photos of High Crowns Wayward Girl and the William Penn Futurity from the 1960's, and I didn't expect anyone would think any of those dogs are still alive.

I have no idea why I found your post so offensive because I do not value your opinion of my Poodles or Whippets or anything else I may one day decide to breed, but I did take that personally and did find it offensive. There are breeds I am not personally fond of but I would not mention that on a forum, in case someone on here owns one or loves one. And you KNOW how I feel about Whippets but would post this anyway. Was it to egg me on?? Maybe not...and you are certainly entitled to your opinion on a breed, but you should maybe think about how it might hurt someone.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HUH? This was a discussion on the Westminster KKC show .. Sorry if you were offended by an opinion It was not about YOUR dogs at all I had forgotten that you were a breeder GEEZ Cherie !!! Why do you think EVERYTHING I write is about you ? I can assure you that it was not to egg you on... Man you are really intimidated by me for some reason ...
CAN WE PLEASE stick to the topic !!!!PLEASE !!!!!
It seems as though you are stalking me !

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I had forgotten that you were a breeder

Contradiction much? :rolffleyes: I know that this thread is about the Westminster show, but it's obvious that there's another agenda here too... It might be nice for the rest of the forum members if you take it to PM from here... I know it would be for me... Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts