2,028 Posts
Why are there no poodles?!

Reactions: Miki

·
Registered
Tyler
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been more specific - no poodles won their group (toys and non-sporting) so we won't see any poodles in the Best In Show competition. The toy group was won by a beautiful Maltese. The non-sporting group was won by an awesome Frenchie.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I should have been more specific - no poodles won their group (toys and non-sporting) so we won't see any poodles in the Best In Show competition. The toy group was won by a beautiful Maltese. The non-sporting group was won by an awesome Frenchie.
Oh, thank you for the clarification! The Maltese is gorgeous. This is actually the breeder I got my Maltese from, the one that didn't work out due to temperament. But she does breed stunning dogs.

• Love
Reactions: Minie, Liz and Miki

·
Registered
Tyler
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Sammy wins the Working Group - well deserved!

I adore Samoyeds. A thousand years ago (circa 1963) our family spent a week in the summer at a family church camp on a wonderful lake. One of the families brought their beautiful Sammy - Reetsa Tatiana Souls Goodwin - and enlisted all the kids to brush her every day. We saved her hair in bags for the family to cord and spin which, apparently, never happened.

Mrs. Goodwin was a journalist and wrote a nice piece in the local paper about their move from the family home, decades later, that involved finding bags and bags of Reetsa's hair.

I could never live with all that hair. But I'm eternally grateful to those that did.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can anybody tell me about the flat-cut ears on both the BOB winner GCHB Stone Run Written In The Skye and Siba, who was BIS in 2020? I'd never seen that style before Siba, and now Skye has it as well.

I prefer a rounded ear bottom, but what do I know???

Of course, I rushed to check to see of Sage and Skye have any ancestors in common. Going back three generations -- nope!

Skye is a beautiful black standard poodle -- truly elegant. I've taken a picture from the Stone Run website and posted it here for your enjoyment. She's the #1 poodle, I believe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle, Born 02/20/21
3,947 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts