Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy met a Chow Chow at the pet store today whose father won his group today. It was as close to a celebrity as he's gotten so far! LOL

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
This woman who is co-announcing this sounds like an idiot. I don't know if she's doing that on purpose or what, but I was half expecting her to ask, "Why do they call them bitches? hee hee".

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I commented LAST YEAR about. Some idiot woman commentator. I don't. Know if its the same goofball. I enjoy good intelligent comments about the dogs but the outright stupid comments make me want to change the channel. I always liked Leanza Cornett as a commentator and interviewer.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
This woman who is co-announcing this sounds like an idiot. I don't know if she's doing that on purpose or what, but I was half expecting her to ask, "Why do they call them bitches? hee hee".
I know, I thought the same thing lol. She sounds ridiculous, she doesn't seem to know a thing about dogs other than "that one looks cute! that one has a lot of hair!" :doh:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I love Leanza Cornett. She did the AKC one the other day. I actually turned this one off because I couldn't stand listening to her any more.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the stupid comments are somewhat scripted. It's for the general public. You know the ones that think they own lapso whipsos and rockweilers. And the ones that insist Spoo are Doodles b/c "poodles don't get that big." It annoys me too, but I guess it's needed. I've already commented about how many people I see w/ horribly neglected Shih Tzus. I was happy to hear the "idiot" go on and on about how high maintence they are. I like the PBGV but the Whippet was nice too. I really liked the Long Coat Chihuahua and I'm not a Chi fan, so that's saying something, lol. I didn't care for the Havanese at all! The corded look didn't suit that dog; he just looked dirty. I watched the Toy Poodle breed judging and liked the BOS and AOM better than "walker." JMO

·
Registered
918 Posts
Non-Sporting is on. Jetta is beautiful. Movement with the handler seemed stiff though and Jetta's head looked like it was being pulled up uncomfortably high. Not the fluid, elegant movement I've seen before :(.

All the dogs are so beautiful!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jetta did look better in Long Beach, it was interesting to see the Mini in an English Saddle clip. I was a bit dissapointed in the Non-sporting winner but he/she is cute.

The Mini video is up btw.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I don`t think the judge of the hound group checked half the dogs bites. Glad the Whippet won although I thought the Saluki was magnificent.

I enjoyed seeing the mini`s English Saddle. You do not see that much anymore. It was so weird not seeing one or both of the Poos place higher up in the group or one of them take the group, but a bit of a change is not a bad thing. I guess the Frenchie met the breed standard better than the Poos did. I thought the toy was stunning, but haven't watched the breed jusdging yet. But put Kaz at the end of the lead and it makes a big difference.

And yes, the female commentator sounds like an idiot. Everything is "adorable". Geesh!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Arreau- I noticed that with the Ibizan...I was only half watching after the borzoi was finished ( I didn't like his hind movement LOL)

The whippet was very nice!

I have seen the mini- actually at the last show I was at, and I asked about the english saddle clip as well, its not seen that often, and it makes one wonder if there is more to that dog than we can see? JMO
Any who I was pushing for the LC chi in the toy group, but the toy poodle looked like he got a better tan since long beach

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I wasn't fussy about the Borzoi's movement either. I am not being blind, but my Whippet lady has a nicer head than the one who won. But she was lovely.

Did anyone notice the toys rectum?? I know this sounds weird, but his little bum holeyooh looked terrible, like he was on the verge of pooping the entire time. I did like him a lot though.

I agree with you about the english saddle. While it was a treat to see it, it is so out of the ordinary these days, it does make you wonder.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was so excited when I realized last night that the Mini is related to my Cozi!

Cozi's father is that mini's grandfather... Cozi was not as excited about it:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I watched all of the show and in BIS ring some protester ran in the ring while the dobie was trotting. they held up a sign that said mutts rule lol Stupid peta freaks !

I was not impressed with the judging this year. Here is who i thought should have won or placed.

Hounds that dachshund should have won the wired-haired , I did not like the whippet at all I seen better at my local shows the movement was not fluid just looked like a normal dog trotting. The english foxhound should have placed, the plott hound . The PBGV was placed and I like her also only one that made it lol

The Sporting here is my list for places ( brittany was awesome so deserved the win ) These dogs should have placed wired hair pointer , Wiredhair pointing griffon ( best movement I ever seen on that breed) , The English cocker too.

Terriers , The colored Bull terrier was awesome I was sure that dog was going to win or get second. The amstaff was also A+++ but I think the judge did not pick her because she showed fear i was disappointed when i saw her tuck her tail in ...... of course she will be bred tho :rolffleyes:

The border was nice and I like the scottie but don't think I would have picked her to win.

The non- sporting was a mess I did not like the frenchie at all he had a nice front shot of the face but on the profile yuck and his body was like whatever so was his movement to me. I thought jetta did not show her best either , I think the non sporting line up was good but they needed to switch out the frenchie with something else lol

The working group. Dobie was nice but I think I would have picked that Tibetain Mastiff. The rest of the line up was good. That is a hard class to judge for me a lot of the working breeders are breed nice dogs lol.

Toy of course walker ( I personally thought he should have won BIS she was so showy it was not even funny ) I like walker a lot and I don't like toy poodles lol

The parti English toy spaniel should have placed very good movement that dog loved showing to , I have not seen a nice toy spaniel like that in a long time.

Herding I was not watching it that much I saw the GSD and got pissed lol I will watch them later I taped it. That GSD was so UGLY ! :wacko:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts