Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can't believe it's been over a year since Ive been on here! Hope everyone is safe and well. I hope you've all had a good Christmas and a happy new year.

Bella is doing well. Now a chunk, 4.5kg but sometimes reaches 5kg. She's 6 years old now but doesn't act like it. We're still working on the grooming side of things, progress has been slow but I can now brush her whole body but the shaver is another story. A lot better than what she was though.

She's had no weight, dental or health issues since we got her but when she goes for her annual check I'll ask for blood work to be done to make sure everything is ok internally.

Now for the sad news, Bella's brother/housemate/furiend, Beau (the bichon) had to be put to sleep a few weeks ago because of a brain tumor. He was only 2. House feels empty. Bella and Pebbles are quite confused as you'd imagine but slowly getting used to life without him. He will be missed.

RIP little Beau Sheep

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I remember Bella; so happy to hear she's doing well! Also very sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose pets at any age, but especially when they are so young.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
What a tragic loss at such a young age -condolences. Glad Bella is doing well as are your other critter friends. You will find joy in lovely memories and memories to be.

Reactions: Engel

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
3,027 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Beau. He was so helpful to Bella when she first came to you. Thanks for the update on Bella and Pebbles and welcome back.

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
I'm glad to hear Bella is doing well and enjoying the new chapter in her life. I'm sorry you lost Beau, however. Bichons are such sweethearts.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Nice to hear from you :). I'm sorry to hear of what happened to Beau, hoping you're all finding comfort in each other and the memories, and glad to know that you all are otherwise getting thru these times.

Reactions: Engel

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a tragic loss at such a young age -condolences. Glad Bella is doing well as are your other critter friends. You will find joy in lovely memories and memories to be.
Indeed :( I may make a thread about him if anyone's interested. Just sharing his story and raising awareness I guess.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember Bella; so happy to hear she's doing well! Also very sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose pets at any age, but especially when they are so young.
It is. Especially when they still seem healthy (obviously he wasn't though)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so sorry to hear about Beau. He was so helpful to Bella when she first came to you. Thanks for the update on Bella and Pebbles and welcome back.
Yes he was. Very gentle soul. Definitely followed the bichon way of thinking "no such thing as strangers, just friends I haven't met yet". During his short time on earth he helped many animals and people.

Hopefully I'll be a bit more active on here now. Feel like I've neglected you all

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice to hear from you :). I'm sorry to hear of what happened to Beau, hoping you're all finding comfort in each other and the memories, and glad to know that you all are otherwise getting thru these times.
Thank you. Glad to be back.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
3,027 Posts
Indeed :( I may make a thread about him if anyone's interested. Just sharing his story and raising awareness I guess.
I love Bichons and would love to learn more about Beau.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts