Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Hubby had a major brain fart and was a real jerk on Wednesday for my birthday he tried to make it up to me by taking a little trip out to the florida caverns state park. It's something I've been wanting to do since we got married not quite two years ago and he just never has wanted to do it. I love caves and such and nature trails and pinics so this was really my kind of place. It was really a surprise for me on Thursday night when he told me we were going so Yay, birthday jerkiness almost forgiven.

Even though it was raining by the time we got to the park an hour 1/2 down the interstate it was just cloudy and the temp was comfortable.. We got our tickets and explored the grounds and sorry little gift shop while we waited for out tour. Yay, since it was a weekday there weren't very many people there aside from a school field trip so we ended up getting a private tour of the cave with just us and one other couple. It was awsome :)
Of course I took photos, here's a couple that came out well inside the cavern.
2009_10230052.jpg

2009_10230042.jpg

2009_10230047.jpg

I felt like I already had a little kid the whole time we were down inside the cave. It's all federally protected and what not so NO touching... ANYTHING. They are very specific on their intructions to guest to not even reach out to touch the walls even if you slip and need to balance and please don't bump into anything. Weelll I happen to be married to a man who can't keep his hands to himself when it comes to touching neat rocks or fish or animals. That was the main reason I made him carry the umbrella, so he would have somehthing to touch lol. I was so nervous that he was going to try and break a chunk of rock off of something and try and take it home. He was a good boy though and keep his fingers off the formations except the one they allow guest to touch.

After the cave tour we took a nature trail back to the visitos center which was fun except I kind of over did it activity wise and started cramping and feeling faint. Oh well, it was fun :) Sort of one last adventure for just hubby and I before we are joined by "the spawn" Aka Nicholas LoL.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad you had fun. You need to remind DH that your the one that gets to have moodswings, not him!
Hehe thats funny. Lucky for him he didn't have any moody swings on my bday, I think he'd be missing important parts if he had. I was the one moody and grouchy, but it was his fault. I think you should get your wife at least a card on her birthday. What do I know?? Apparently thats a new concept to him all of a sudden. Last year I did get a card and a bag of candy, cheap jerk but we were kind of broke at the time. The year before that we we were just a couple weeks from getting married and I got a nice gift and card. I didn't read the marriage rule book I wasn't aware that once you got the girl you were allowed to stop all those nice sweet things LoL. Oh well... I'm over it now and we did have a good time at the caverns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts