Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feed this food? I am transitioning over from Instinct Be Natural and just got the first bag from Chewy and my lord the smell! The instant you open the bag it’s the weirdest smell that reminds me of the smell of paint like if your painting indoors. It’s extremely strong. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Nice that Chewy helped me through some bumps along the way to find out which foods Asta tolerated and which he liked. When I called Customer Service they sent me a bag of a new food to try and said to donate the bags that did not agree with Asta. I think I went through about 3 different kinds - always Chewy said to donate the foods that didn't work. So call Chewy and I am sure they will help you find the Brand that is right for you.

·
Super Moderator
9,704 Posts
Based on the recurring theme in these one-star reviews, I think there could be some serious quality issues:

Example:

“The food itself is a great food; however, when I opened the two bags that I had ordered from Amazon, there was a really “off” smell about the food but I thought it was just my nose playing tricks on me. When I fed my dogs later that evening, however, they wouldn’t even touch it. And I mean they wouldn’t even touch it. They have eaten this food before so it wasn’t new to them, but they just would not touch it and that smell was unmistakably just OFF. I ended up throwing it out because I didn’t want to return it for fear that it would get fed to another animal. Something just didn’t seem right about those particular bags of food that I received. I decided not to chance it and I ordered from their regular pet store.”

And:

“I purchased 2 of these bags of dog food. The first one was just fine. I didn't open up the second one - this one - until today - January 18, 2021.
The smell was like house paint. It was horrible. I threw it away but that's a LOT of money down the drain.
The "return window" has long passed; so, unfortunately for me, I don't get my money back.
But thank God I didn't feed it to my dogs. Something was wrong with this particular bag because the other bag did not smell like this.
I SHOULD get my money back, though.”

And:

“There's something wrong with this food. There was a very strong paint smell as soon as I opened the box of Wellness Simple Natural Limited Dry Dog Food Duck and Oatmeal. My dog would only eat a small portion and now shakes at the site of eating - We've since switched back to a different brand. PLEASE check this food - Something is not right!!”

And:

“I've been buying this product for years with no complaints. When I opened this bag the rancid smell was overwhelming. It was within the expiration date, but something was definitely wrong with it. No problem getting a refund however.”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts