Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it wasn't me and Paris. haha!!!

Ok so we had a local obedience, rally and agility show this weekend. I entered rally & obedience, jak entered everything. lol.

I admit that our heel work WAS better than it has been on our obedience round on Saturday, and we DID end up placing 4th in our class. Jak & Saffy did awesome and won it (the same class).

Rally was a TOTAL flop. I don't do Rally training (hmmm, that may have to change now! LOL) I just go along with our obedience stuff and we make it up as we go along. The distractions on the figure of eight were stuffies poking out of plastic containers. I *just* managed to get her to pass it by the first time around, but of course a figure of eight passes back through the middle again, and she simply couldn't resist..... She DID do a very nice tight 'sit at heel' for me while I was standing there frowning at her (trying not to laugh) cos she had the tip of the stuffie in her mouth and the whole container it was in was dangling down infront of her.... "looookss what *I* found mum!!! LOOK! Can I keepz it? Pwweeeese??" *sigh*

Jak won his class. (take note, this is now two wins.)

Sunday dawned, and Jak had an agility run first up in the morning, which he promptly won with over a second ahead of the nearest rival (a second in agility is a LONG time! lol) AND it now means he's 'won out' of starters and has gone up a level!!!!

Obedience comes along again, and we're hanging around outside the ring because we're the next team to go in, and a guy who Paris has met once before at work comes up and says hi, gives her a ruffle on her head and heads off again. He's a big guy with a big black beard and he does give off a weird 'vibe', he also has his arm in a sling. Anyway, for whatever reason Paris panicked and was seriously struggling on the end of the lead to get AWAAAAAYYYYY from him. He didn't realise cos he was already on his way, but she was seriously creeped out by him, and then spent the rest of the next half hour or so looking around the place with her tail down and eyeing up every male with deep suspicion. Focus on me? Pffft! Yeah right! The judge happened to be a man too, so he got side-stepped by Paris in the ring, and we just turned it into a training round and I worked to keep her happy again (didn't work very well) and didn't bother trying the stays or anything; I don't want her failing!!!

She is fine now, she just got the creeps then was all... Hmm.

Jak won the class. lol!

Sooooo, in the end Jak won 4 classes, he also got a 4th place in another of his agility classes, me and Paris did get a 4th place, but flunked everything else. lol! So yes, SOMEONE had a successful weekend, it just wasn't me! LOL

Some more pics from the weekend:

Brickie the griffon (belongs to Jos on here!)

(more pics)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no poodles, but a line up of one of the bigger obedience classes doing a sit-stay (yes, one broke and is standing!)

Saffy jumping Jaks leg

and Jak & Saffy playing but I LOL'ed at it cos it looks like he's kicking her!

haha!!!

Silly Daff

All in all it WAS a fun weekend though, and it was great to be back out spending the whole weekend with jak & Saffy too; we missed him while he was away on camp and at other shows!!! hehe. We're very proud of his wins too, he is becoming soooo well known around the place cos of how WELL he's doing, and Saffy is showing how awesome poodles are too!!! So proud to be around at the same time!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Haha... yeah it was a pretty good weekend eh...

And Yes, it was great to spend a weekend hanging out with FD and Jos, and just having an awesome time :D

And we've got a Breed show next weekend too :D loving the life of shows lol

But some two people... (Jos and FD) are stewarding all day Saturday... so I guess I'll have to find some new friends to hang out with!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts

The dog looking at the one that broke it's all stay is all "Dude, you're doing it wrong". LOL. It made me "LOL"

Awesome job jak!!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
YAY!!! Jak and Saffy, that is fantastic. I am not surprised though. Jak is a winner in all our eyes all the was around. Lovely photos and update FD. Thanks for sharing!
I agree !! Love Saffy and Jak. Thanks for posting !! I love her jumping Jaks legs - too cute!

·
Registered
123 Posts
What a fun time! I love the pictures in midflight. Good job, photographer, on capturing those graceful spoos! They're gorgeous. Who could resist that playful energy?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wow that's awesome! Go Jak and Saffy!! You guys make me want to go out and do some serious training!! Hahaha :)
Aw, I'm sorry Paris got spooked. Some people are just weird like that.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Brickie's picture was just adorable. All guts and determination!

Thanks FD for the wonderful photos and update on the weekend's events. Seeing Jak with Saffy and hearing about you with Paris really is a treat. It's fun to show how well poodles can perform. We need to find a photographer to take your photos! ;) It would have been great to see her with the stuffie in her mouth.

Congratulations to Jak!!! :first: Wahooo! Maybe FD could dye her bracelets green because she is such the envy around town! It's great to watch her fly over the jumps. She is SO happy!

Thanks again for the pics.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Loved reading about your weekend and looking at the pics!!!! Sorry you did not do better (next time, right? LOL) but glad for Jak and Saffy! Congrats to them on a great winning weekend!

Thanks for sharing this with us. :) :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts