Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor kid, thankfully at the moment it's nothing horrid. After an emergency visit to the vet, an x-ray not much was revealed. Vet thinks it's either a pinched nerve or pulled muscle, Beatrice is on pain meds and rest, I need to keep an eye on her. So Beatrice came to work with me today, and will tomorrow as well.
Think good thoughts for my little Bea

Attachments

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Awwww...poor sweet girl. I'm so sorry. Sometimes a pulled or over stretched muscle can really hurt for some time. Here's hoping bed rest and relaxing will help her to recover. Did you see what she might have done to herself?

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
So sorry to hear that :( Our Chi mix pinched a nerve a few months ago and it was so painful for her. Had her on a muscle relaxant, Gabapentin, and crate rest for weeks. Hope Bea's recover is quicker and easier!

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all,

I have no idea what happened to her, only that yesterday she to slunk off to the dog bed to hang out, usually she's up on the couch, no excitement for treats, she wouldn't do stairs or walk on the leash. Reminded me of how she was with the pain in her knees. Poor pup was shaking from pain.

*sigh* I know she's a train wreck health wise , Beatrice has a long back she's over 13" long so there is the higher risk for back issues.

If Bea pulled a muscle the anti-inflammatories will help, if doesn't improve it's likely a pinched nerve so she'll need a shot of steroids.

I have to call the vet with an update in 24 hrs and we go from there

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
BEA!..................

XOXOXO
MOLLY & Her Human

Reactions: Streetcar and twyla

·
Registered
152 Posts
Oh no.. Poor thing. It's very upsetting to know your pup is hurting, especially when you can't pinpoint it right away. I hope the meds help her manage, and she heals up quick.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I’m sorry poor Bea is not well. I’ve heard a put dog chiropractors that sometimes do miracles shen even vets can’t help. It might be something you can look into.

I promised myself I would go that route if my dog had some hard to treat bodily pain. I don’t know if it would work if it’s a muscle though. But a pinched nerve, yes, probably.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Dear Bea, hope you feel better very soon. Listen to your mama, take your pills and rest.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Poor Bea, I hope she’s feeling better soon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to hear Bea is in pain. When my previous pup pinched her nerve from a loose spinal disk, in addition to the steroid shot from the vet, I also put a heat pack on the area for about 15 min at a time. That seemed to help my dog feel better.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Poor, sweet girl; I can see the distress in her brave eyes. I hope you all can root cause this soon. Had a similar episode with my last little girl. So distressing. All good wishes for both of you to have comfort, and soon!

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Sophy has a spinal disk problem, and occasionally it causes a pinched nerve - poor Bea, I know how painful it can be. I am fortunate in having an osteopath within reach who treats dogs as well as humans. Pain relief, rest, and a trip to the osteopath as soon as he can fit us in are now my standard treatment plan for Sophy - my vet referred her originally, and will do a repeat referral if necessary now on request. Sophy has to be lifted over the tiny threshold step going in to see the osteopath, but bounces out, tail and ears up and obviously feeling a great deal better - if you can find someone properly qualified through recommendations I would look into asking your vet to refer Bea.

Reactions: kontiki and twyla

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess who is feeling lots better today with pain meds on board. Little Bea

·
Registered
10,294 Posts

Yay! Happy dance!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Wow, so glad she is feeling better. I am interested in the recommendations for a chiropractor and an osteopath. I know the chiropractor really helps me. I wish we had holistic dog practitioners here. The closest is 6 hours away.

Crossing my fingers that a few days of rest and pain meds take care of it for good :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts