Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am entered for three days for rally triple Qs with Lily and two days for Beginner Novice with Javelin the weekend of the 19th to the 21st. The confirmation of entries and judging program have been sent and wow, I have to clone myself in a hurry.

Friday is no issue since I will just be showing Lily.

Saturday and Sunday are roughly the same as one another. Lily is in the middle of relatively large classes with between 22 and 27 dogs with Master starting at 8:00, Excellent B starting at 9:00 and Advanced B starting at 10:00. Javelin is the first dog in small (5 dogs) Beginner Novice B classes starting at 9:30. I would not expect to run at 9:30 but rather for the judge's briefings and the walk through to be at 9:30 and probably be at the gate with Javvy at 9:40. Here is my conundrum: how do I juggle Rally Excellent with Beginner Novice? I suspect the answer is to ask to go first in Excellent with Lily, but if anyone sees another possibility run it by me please. I can also just skip Javelin's entry one day or the other. Remember I still need ten more triple Qs towards Lily's RACh. We are way ahead on Excellent and Advanced points compared to Master points, so I suppose I don't care too much about my excellent scores those days.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
That is tough. Of course you will let the ring stewards and judges know of your dilemma because they should work with you. I mention judge because in my only AKC rally that I entered there was a big to do with one judge who refused to allow someone with a conflict, compete. She had told the ring stewards of her problem and they worked something out, but no one told the judge and he was upset. He had signed off on the paperwork and felt he couldn’t add one more competitor. I’m not knowledgeable about the rules and there was quite a flurry of activity and upset people over this.

You also have the right attitude, you know your priorities and where you want to concentrate your energy and attention and will drop whatever is less important.

I think it’s doable it may not even affect your Excellent if you are already one of the first dogs. But I’d also be concerned if they are running slow in Beginning Novice if that could affect your Advanced. If you run early I Excellent and later in Advanced and early in Beginner Novice it should work out.

Good luck

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skylar I was thinking about you and that complicated nosework weekend you had when I looked at all of this messiness. I think my biggest issue is rally excellent. Since we are first in BN I think we should be able to work something out for rally excellent. The rally judge on Saturday and Sunday is my fav Karen Wrey who gave us the nice courses back on my birthday last month where we got Lily's RM2 and RAE10. I never take stewards word on changes, but always look for the judge's sign off too and since I have probably shown to Karen about 20 times aned stewarded for her also about that many times I feel pretty comfortable with being able to make it work. teh question is whether to ask to go first or last in Excellent so I can get in and out of BN with Javelin in good order.

I should have realized this could be a problem since last year at these trials the rally judges also were assigned BN and they ran later than any other ring (of four) because Master tends to run slow plus the Intermediate class had lots of entries. These trials always have high rally entries with 20 or more dogs in each class.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
My my - what a situation you will be in. Can't help you with the scheduling problems - but wanted to say - no worries. You have great and talented dogs. New initials soon???

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My my - what a situation you will be in. Can't help you with the scheduling problems - but wanted to say - no worries. You have great and talented dogs. New initials soon???

Perhaps for Javelin if he keeps his head collected at least one day. Lily's next new titles are another ten triple Qs away. That might not happen until 2020.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
In this case, Javvy trumps Lily. I'd speak to the stewards and judge and see if Lily can go first. Rally takes all of 3 minutes to complete anyway, so you'd be done long before Javelin even starts. Also, speak to the judge and stewards with Javvy's ring and see if he can go first, too. That way, you'll be long done with Lily before things start in Javvy's ring, and done with Javvy before Advanced starts.

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Javelin is first in BN B, so nowhere to move with him, but my general thinking is to ask to go first in excellent and be out before I have to really think about Javelin. Overall though the triple Qs for Rally actually matter more to me right now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
yep,I would opt for first in ExB,as well. Karen Wrey will work with you,whatever you decide. I would not skip Javvs the first day,just in case. He may be more steady (read mature:amen:) now and will handle what he needs to do on day one,but...

Martha

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Martha this show always has just the best judges, like your SOTC. And Karen is one of my favs. I think I feel pretty comfortable with going in excellent first with Lils as the way to handle this. I suspect you are correct that I should take Javelin in both days as well since he needs trial ring experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts