Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have officially brought home our new girl, a Standard Poodle we are calling Gypsum, named after a mineral prevalent in the desert here where we live. She is 9.5 weeks old and just under 15 pounds. We got her from Lido Standards in Las Vegas, and we are very happy with her and with her breeder, Susie Osburn. Gypsum is very good-natured, healthy, and gets along with our cat and our baby daughter. Now it's on us to train her to be a wonderful adult! And a big learning curve for me as this is my first dog as an adult fully in charge. It's way different than being a kid growing up with dogs!

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,803 Posts
Welcome to Gypsum! Susie's great, and I'm so happy you got a Lido pup.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
She’s adorable. Congratulations

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gypsum, she adorable! That’s a really cool and unique name too.
You’re going to have your hands full with a puppy and a baby, phew!
Yeah you're spot on! Only 3 days at home with her and I'm running around constantly tending to one or both of them at the same time. But my hope is that the next couple years will be hard work and then we can hopefully enjoy a well trained adult poodle companion for the next decade-plus.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Wonderful puppy - so cute. I, too, look forward to more pictures.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very cute! My puppy is also my first pet as an adult. I've waited a long time to be in a position to be able to make it happen (finally settled in our own home with a yard). Luckily my human baby is 9 so is a lot less physically needy than an actual baby. You have your hands full I'm sure!

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
117 Posts
She's a real cutie! Our girl is now 12 weeks and busy all day long. I love the flat on the back naps... it seems to be a poodle favorite!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts