Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Cyclone passed away, on our way home from the vet, a tearful Click-N-Treat-Jr told me she needed a kitten. I understood. I lasted a total of 18 hours after my cat Neptune died before bringing home Fresh Air and Sunshine. Today, I found Jr. a solid gray kitten. We named him St. Nicholas. He's currently hiding under my daughter's dresser, but she reported that he came out and looked around her room for a while.

Jr. did a lot of her grieving before Cyclone died and had a chance for a slow goodbye. While St. Nicholas doesn't erase the grief we're feeling, his little paws are easing our sorrow. Noelle said hi to St. Nicholas already and I think they are going to be great friends someday. Once he's more settled and happier, I'll get some pictures of the little fella.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here he is! Nicholas is now curled up on the couch and Jr. is cuddling with him. I think he's going to be a lovely cat some day.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
I am so glad - a kitten is just what is needed and he is a darling.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I’m so happy for you and Click Jr. He’s so cute and I love those big ears that he has to grow into. St. Nicholas is the perfect name, he’s brought joy to your family.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Well, welcome St. Nicolaus! Yes there is nothing better than a baby kitten or pup to ease one's pain of loss. The loss of one's pet not only hurts our heart but it makes it grow larger and willing to give and love again.

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Yes, you all did definitely do a slow goodbye and when you know the end is coming you do a lot of the grieving before the actual moment of loss. St. Nicholas looks like a very sweet kitten. I wish him a long and happy life with you and the rest of your crew.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a pretty kitty! He reminds me of a Russian Blue! Good to hear Click Jr and Nicky are quickly becoming BFFs!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts