Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Misha sleeps, he tends to tuck his head in toward his chest and when he does this and is in a deep sleep, he breathes kind of weird like his soft palate is obstructing his breathing. I've never worried about it as he only does this when in deep sleep but I am wondering if this is normal. It doesn't seem to cause any problem but I'm always on the lookout for any signs of potential issues. I do wonder if it's related to his dreaming. He will often do this intermittently while sleeping and often he's clearly dreaming while doing it because his feet and mouth twitch. Just wondering if it's normal. I have made a video of it but it sounds much louder in the video than it really is because the camera was right next to his nose. It is really like a soft little snoring noise. I don't think he does it if his head is stretched out rather than tucked in. If I poke him and he wakes up he immediately stops breathing like this, even if he hasn't changed position.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awwwww YES!! Gracie used to do that. I probably have a video somewhere. Like Misha, hers was typically accompanied by rapid eye flutters and twitches.

It seemed to me like she was trying to speak in her dreams.
Looks like he’s trying to bark. Misty does that in her sleep (chasing birds, probably).
Thank you guys! Makes me feel better that there's nothing wrong with his breathing. Just weird seeing your dog snuffling in their sleep.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes - mine does this too! It’s more noticeable if she’s in a deep sleep and often when she’s dreaming/twitching and there’s often moans, random noises, and snores that accompany it as well.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yep, that Poodle snore😪 Sisko does the same thing when he is in a deep sleep. There is nothing to worry about:) BTW Misha is the cutest ball of fluff😢

1 - 13 of 13 Posts