Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

Just wanted to ask- how much does a dog's weight usually fluctuate?

Jessie has been 11.0 lbs on the nose for the last 4 weeks, and today she's at 10.8 lbs (I'm weighing her weekly to make sure I'm feeding her enough).
I've had her a little over a month now, and have a good food/bathroom routine and a happy bouncy 20 month old mpoo. 11lbs is a healthy weight for her according to the vet.

She gets a measured amount of wet food twice a day, and a frozen Kong with 1/2 Tbsp 100% peanut salt free peanut butter for a snack. I also give her 1/2 a Healthy Edibles bone that she carries around the house and eats when she wants it, but I just replace this once it's eaten. She does not eat it every day, nor does she beg for more food. She ignores most other treats, so I train her with play instead.

Do you think I should increase her wet food a bit at each meal, or do you think this is just a normal weight fluctuation?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Smart of you to keep track of her weight. I would continue to feed her as you have been while keeping track of her weight. However, I don't think she needs the peanut butter every day. Change it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts