Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope this is not too stupid a question. Joey was born Oct. 10th. During the time he was going for his first puppy shots the Vet told me they go by weeks not months. Well, if I go by weeks he would be 12 months sometime in September but as I said he was born October 10th. Unless I am calculating the whole thing wrong. So help me: Weeks or Months?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I never really give it much thought before but I go on weeks til about 16weeks then refer to months until about 18 months.

·
Super Moderator
5,118 Posts
I think you're calculating wrong :) One year = 52 weeks. He will be one year old / 52 weeks old on October 10th.

Where you might be going wrong is calculating a month as equal to 4 weeks. But 4 weeks is only 28 days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you're calculating wrong :) One year = 52 weeks. He will be one year old / 52 weeks old on October 10th.

Where you might be going wrong is calculating a month as equal to 4 weeks. But 4 weeks is only 28 days.
Oh yes, that is what I was doing. Counting the weeks and dividing by 4. :( Thank you so much. I feel pretty dumb.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never really give it much thought before but I go on weeks til about 16weeks then refer to months until about 18 months.
Certainly easier to keep track of his age by months LOL Which is what I am going to do from now on!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
No question is stupid, and neither are you. They go by weeks until about 16 weeks then you switch to months, then at a year you switch to years.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't feel dumb! We paid careful attention to weeks until Peggy reached 26 weeks/6 months. It was important for keeping to our vet's schedule. Now we think mostly in months.
So I don't want to admit that I just figured out how to get a picture of Joey as my avatar AND today I saw where I can go to see if I have replies to posts I have commented on. :( Never too old to learn???

·
Super Moderator
5,118 Posts
So I don't want to admit that I just figured out how to get a picture of Joey as my avatar AND today I saw where I can go to see if I have replies to posts I have commented on. :( Never too old to learn???
Lol. I totally get it. I'm still learning every day! But if you're ever struggling with something in particular, don't hesitate to send me a message. We can figure out the answer together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts