Poodle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Looks like Rory had a glorious time. What beautiful photos and a gorgeous location.

Reactions: Muggles

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
WOW! What a beautiful beach! There is no such thing as a deserted beach here in San Diego! It is 'tourist season' all year round LOL!! Rory is a lucky dog!

Reactions: Muggles

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You amd Rory live in paradise ! How beautiful ! Do you walk to the beach or do you need to take the car ?

Here we’re stuck with dirty remains of muddy snow...

We are about 2 hours drive from the beach so we stayed there for the weekend. We are very lucky to have many beautiful options in relatively easy access though!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all! We are very fortunate to have a great array of beautiful beaches not too far away. It was good timing this weekend because school holidays start in a week and then Easter and Anzac Day so it was pretty quiet down there.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I love the beach especially those pictures of it, brought me memories of when I was a child. Of course our beach wasn't quite as extensive but back then it was pretty desolate most days and you could walk and let your dog run without fear.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This weekend Rory and I went to his favourite place - the beach! We were lucky to have glorious autumn weather (and the ocean was still pretty warm) and definitely made the most of our time there. He will be doing plenty of snoozing this week to recover!

Requisite photos:

View attachment 447497

View attachment 447499

View attachment 447501

View attachment 447503

View attachment 447505

View attachment 447507

View attachment 447509

View attachment 447511

View attachment 447513

View attachment 447515
Thanks for sharing your great pics. Wish we could have been there too. Our Charlie loves playing with other poodles. We live in the mountains of the British Columbia interior, a long way from salt water. On our way back from Arizona we were able to stop at an ocean beach along the Oregon coast and Charlie encountered water that was salty - and attacked him in the form of waves! BOTH a really big surprise! He had the most comical look when he first tried to drink the water. Then he turned his back on the water to bark at me and a big wave soaked him. He was so shocked that this water could jump at him!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for sharing your great pics. Wish we could have been there too. Our Charlie loves playing with other poodles. We live in the mountains of the British Columbia interior, a long way from salt water. On our way back from Arizona we were able to stop at an ocean beach along the Oregon coast and Charlie encountered water that was salty - and attacked him in the form of waves! BOTH a really big surprise! He had the most comical look when he first tried to drink the water. Then he turned his back on the water to bark at me and a big wave soaked him. He was so shocked that this water could jump at him!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Haha it can be quite funny watching them experience it for the first time! Rory loves paddling but hasn’t made much of an attempt to fully swim. He does get startled still if a wave breaks on him when his back is turned, but that’s pretty normal I think, I do too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.