Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with the Poodleforum website. This message keeps showing up: "GS_googleEnableAllServices()". I can't see new posts and I cannot reply. The screen is just white with that google message.

When I press "submit new thread" or "submit post" it doesn't work 99% of the time.

If I refresh the screen enough times, sometimes I can get the website to work for a second.

Is this happening to anybody else?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
No not at all and I spoke today to someone else who is on the PF and they never mentioned this problem. Hope you manage to fix it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yes, yes, yes!!!! It has been happening to me for 2 days...I have to click New Posts 4X to get it to work!!!! What is going on???? I am so addicted to this forum!!!!! LOL Hope it is fixed soon!!!!

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
Camino is Firefox for Mac - works for me and is much more Mac like than Firefox.

·
Administrator
684 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience you're seeing. We're aware of the issue and we're troubleshooting it. Basically, we're testing out a new ad network in hopes of reducing our usage of Google ads because the Google ads are letting through too many puppy mill/byb ads. This is in the infant stages of what our ad team is trying to do so that's what is causing the errors. For now, we've disabled this new ad network until we can figure things out. :)

·
Administrator
684 Posts
Oh yah, I forgot to say that if you're getting these errors still, please try to record what time it happened. The simple fix is to refresh your browser. I know it is kind of a pain in the butt but that's the quick fix for now though now that we've disabled the ad network, you shouldn't get this issue anymore.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm still having trouble with getting on Poodleforum using Safari. As of 10:11 today it takes me to a screen "What's going on?" and won't allow me to see the forum topics. HELP! I have installed Camino as a temporary fix to allow me to see PF, but I really want to continue using Safari on my MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
I had lots of problems the other evening, even using Camino (not the latest version, as my Mac won't run anything later than OS X 10.3.9). I could read everything, but if I tried to post a reply my cursor vanished - or hung - or something! It seemed to happen after a few lines - hence my very short post about it. The only way of getting it back was to switch the machine off, and on again - after half a dozen attempts I gave up. It was fine next morning, but I always have a busy cursor, and the message "Transferring data from www.google-analytics.com..." - unless I click the Stop loading icon.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
All this "not working on mac"s thing WOULD happen the day/days leading up to getting mine, wouldn't it?

I read up on Camino... which IS basically Firefox for mac but it's big thing is that it runs along with mac os rather than pretending and using a skin like Firefox for mac. Make sense? (I'm sure I can find the thing I read about it if I didn't make sense.)

Perhaps it would be best to use Firefox while PF is temporarily being anti-mac?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It seems to be back to normal using Safari, except it will not allow me to post a reply using the post reply button. Had to use Quick Reply.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Spoke too soon. When I tried to go back to the forum topics, it steered me to the "what's going on?" page. Hope this gets fixed soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts