Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks! My partner and I will be picking up our standard poodle puppy tomorrow afternoon. We've both thought about getting a dog at some point, but were not sure when. The more we reflected on it, it seemed now was as good of a time as any that we may have in the coming years (and we want to have fun with the dog while we're still "young":laugh:)

We have no children, and likely won't be having any soon, though accidents, as they say, happen. We look forward to engaging, learning and asking questions of the community here (but not before we search the forum first :wink:!)

P&K

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Welcome to PF and Happy Gotcha Day to you all! Can't wait to see some photos and hear more about your new pup!

Reactions: Vita

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF and congratulations on your puppy parenthood being right here, right now. What size poodle are you getting? Share pictures when you can.

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day, we celebrate those, and welcome to PF! If you are new to poodles, as I was, this is a very informed and helpful community. Can’t wait to see pictures of the new puppy! So exciting!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! We're getting a standard poodle, who, I think, is about 12 weeks old. He's brown/red with a little white patch on his chest and paw. We're going to call him Maverick. I'll post a photo when we get him home.

Is Gotcha Day the day or anniversary of bringing the puppy home?!

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day, one day early.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! And yes, HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!!! Puppyhood is a lot of work but done right is sooo worth it.. Here you will find many good poodle owners willing to help you get through it! There is no such thing as a dumb question here so just ask!!! Can't wait to see pics of his homecoming!

P.S. You might want to take a small dog blanket, or one of your old T-Shirts with you and have the breeder rub it on the other pups and the Dam to pick up their scent so your pup has a 'security' blankie on his first nights away from his littermates. It helps sometimes!

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi there! I finally have some photos to share. This first week has been occupied with trying to keep up with the pup and managing without enough sleep. He's a beautiful dog, playful, happy and has already brought us much joy. We can't wait for the coming years!

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Oh, my! What a darling puppy! What did you name him? You are going to have so much fun together:) Congratulations on your first poodle!

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Your pup is very handsome. I love his color, but as I said to someone else who just picked up their puppy please keep that baby safe in the car. I never allow my dogs to ride unrestrained in the car and they are never in the front seat. We want you to have many happy years so put him in a crate or use a harness like the Sleepy Pod models which are crash tested.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
He’s gorgeous. Look at that smiling face.

And I agree with Catherine, I know when you first take your baby home you want to cuddle him in your arms. Now you need to travel with him safely secured in the car. Get him used to it early.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a beautiful puppy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts