Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

What is that you love about your poodles? (let's stick to 3)

If you could change anything or wish would be better with your poodle(s) what would that be?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I personally love how elegant the poodle is
before I purchased my lil Elphie I always had this image in my head that all standard poodles were White and they came in the continental clip xD

those thoughts changed after I started my hunt for a poodle of my own lol

theres only one thing I wish I could change about Elphie, and thats her breeder ^_^

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Love:
Athletic
Trainable
Look like a million bucks when they are groomed

Change:
Look like 40 miles of bad road when they are ungroomed.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
OH they are just so silly! Gosh Harry really makes me laugh on a daily basis. He loves to retrieve which is fun if you are in a big open field with one of those ball chuckers. He's protective over his people and his home and he's very loveable. My son was telling me he kept butting his head on him today to get some love. He really likes to be loved on and he loves play fighting too. He can totally get down and wrestle with my husband and he's very intelligent. So much so that he's quite stubborn at times and that can be frustrating.

I'd change how many health problems are in this breed. It seems like once I know all the health testing there is to test for, something else pops up that they discover poodles have been affected by. It's sad.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Narrowing it down to three?? That's tough! :) Okay, things I love about poodles:

1) Their absolutely affectionate, loving, dedicated nature
2) Their positive and cheerful attitude that always makes you smile on a bad day
3) How gosh darn cute they are! I mean look at 'em! They're adorable! :lol: Can I add to that that I love grooming him too? lol

If there was one thing I would change... hmm... I would like it if Desmond were a bit more outgoing. He's kind of timid, and being just a bit more outgoing would be nice so he would be more confident outside of home.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I'd change how many health problems are in this breed. It seems like once I know all the health testing there is to test for, something else pops up that they discover poodles have been affected by. It's sad.
Ditto. I should have said this but my vanity got in the way.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me I love The goofyness! Olie is a big dork and its the cutest thing. I love watching him prance around, he is very smart, and I like putting my face up against his awww - I love the face!!

What I would change right now would be he is very stubborn at times - still young and growing everyday, but he sure has a mind of his own.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Love: perky, fun personality, small size (11 in., 9.6 lb. so far at nearly 6 months), non-shedding (heaven after nearly 13 years of having a lab and 2 years of having a boxer!!

Dislike: the puppy stage - lol. I'm anticipating the calming down that comes with age.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
For me I love The goofyness! Olie is a big dork and its the cutest thing. I love watching him prance around, he is very smart, and I like putting my face up against his awww - I love the face!!

What I would change right now would be he is very stubborn at times - still young and growing everyday, but he sure has a mind of his own.
Ditto on all of that, except substitute "Teddy" for "Olie" and "little dork" for "big dork".

My three faves about the breed in general:
Intelligence
Sense of humor
Elegance

What I would change:
Stubbornness! I guess that goes along with the intelligence though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Everything above and love the long nose and nonshedding! Wouldn't change anything except maybe the puppy stage. Can't wait till I can leave without crating and house training is complete!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Lets see, if we are talking about my personal dog

Loves
  • Intelligent
  • Outgoing
  • Fun loving
I would change: I would love her to retrieve!

About the breed,

Loves
  • Beauty
  • Brains
  • Sence of humor
I would change: The amount of bad breeders

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Love about breed:

Intelligence!!
Loyalty