Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our baby spoo, Carly, had an accident this morning when she ran under my brother-in-law's truck as he was driving up our driveway. We got her to the vet and they didn't think it was bad until they did the x-rays. She had four major fractures in her pelvic area. We were told we could take her to Tufts University for the best treatment and were preparing for the drive and for the expense but then she began to bleed internally and the damage was so bad that I made the heart wrenching decision to send her home. I held her in my arms and loved her while they gently put her to sleep.

My husband and I are devastated at our loss as she was our baby. We still haven't stopped crying. :weep::weep:

In memory of Carly; the love of our lives:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kissed them all the way home and told her how sorry I was and how much I loved her. Right now it doesn't feel like I will ever heal from this.

Thank you for your kindness.

·
Registered
646 Posts
OH my gosh hun I am so sorry for you, your family and your brother in law as I bet he feels just horrible.
Sending hugs all around. I don'tknow what to say. Sorry seams so sencelss.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yes, it just was so unexpected and seems so unbelievable. Debbie is so totally devastated and so is her husband. I went with Debbie to the vets and can still not believe this all happened. I have had to have dogs put down before and know how horrible it is, but not ever a young, vibrant one and this was an extremely hard and devastating decision to make. Carly will be sorely missed. She was an absolute sweetheart with the kindest, biggest heart imaginable. She was Debbie's and her husband's dearest little girl and left her footprints on all our hearts! In her short life she gave so much to all who knew her and it seems so senseless for her to be taken away so young and in such an unexpected way. This is a very sad day! :(

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Oh my heart goes out to you and your husband! I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. Know that you are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry about Carly. My heart aches for you and your family. I know today is a terrible day for you, I know how devastating it is to have to do what you knew had to be done today. Carly is in no pain now and knows how much you loved her and still do.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh my, that is so tragic :( *Sniffle* I am soooo sorry (((hugs))) to you and your hubby. Words don't seem like enough, I'm sitting here tearing up reading your post, and can't really think of anything to write that might make you feel better. Nothing will of course....
Jazz, Saleen, Howie and the Wonder Puppy all send puppy hugs to you and your babies too.

So sorry :(

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone. You have done all that you can in sharing your thoughts and condolences with us and I can't tell you how much that means to us.

I know eventually time will soften the blow and we will always have our memories and our wonderful pictures of her to think of when the shock finally subsides.

I don't even know how to express to my brother-in-law that it was not his fault and bring some comfort to him but I am hoping in time he, too, will heal from this awful tragedy.

God bless you all for your kind words and thoughts.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sorry to hear about your poor baby ! :weep:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Again, Im soo sorry. I just read this post and made a comment on your other post. Still, its just so devastating.

I swear today has turned in the worst day. My sister and brother n law got a call yesterday (unexpected) at 3 pm. There social worker told them to get ready for there baby boy....he is 1 day old and need's to be picked up at the hospital tomorrow (saturday). So now all day she was supposed to keep her phone close so she could get the ok to come down and get her baby boy. Of course she didn't get the call. Errrrrr!!! They said they are waiting for the biological mother to leave and then the adoptative parents (my sis and bro) can get there baby boy.

We are all a mess waiting and of course my sister is crying because she can't wait to meet her first baby. Her and I stayed up until 2 am getting all his bottles, clothes and room together. So, over hear we are upset about that and then I hear about Roxy's anticipated show ruined and then about this horrible news. I hate hearing about puppies being lost. Its just soo sad.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again, Im soo sorry. I just read this post and made a comment on your other post. Still, its just so devastating.

I swear today has turned in the worst day. My sister and brother n law got a call yesterday (unexpected) at 3 pm. There social worker told them to get ready for there baby boy....he is 1 day old and need's to be picked up at the hospital tomorrow (saturday). So now all day she was supposed to keep her phone close so she could get the ok to come down and get her baby boy. Of course she didn't get the call. Errrrrr!!! They said they are waiting for the biological mother to leave and then the adoptative parents (my sis and bro) can get there baby boy.

We are all a mess waiting and of course my sister is crying because she can't wait to meet her first baby. Her and I stayed up until 2 am getting all his bottles, clothes and room together. So, over hear we are upset about that and then I hear about Roxy's anticipated show ruined and then about this horrible news. I hate hearing about puppies being lost. Its just soo sad.
You know, Secreto, sometimes it takes news like that to put your own sadness into perspective. I am sorry for your sister's upset and hope that all will go well with starting her new family. Our puppy was like our baby and as painful as it is to have lost her I do still have six healthy, happy children in my life to celebrate and several grandchildren as well.

The best to you on your upsets. Hope all will work out in the end.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I feel just like WonderPup. Getting misty eyed as I read your post. I can't express how sorry I am for your loss.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How devastating for all of you! There aren't words to make you feel better. Only time can do that. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Carly looked like such a sweet little soul. I'm glad she graced your lives even for a little while.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts