Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dianne and I took a ride to New York State yesterday to look at some Leatherstoocking spoo pups. We picked out a very pretty little girl that we named Taffy. I cuddled with her all the way home and after her potty this morning, I took her to bed me with for a little more shut-eye and she settled right into that. She is always happy with her tail wagging a hundred miles an hour. She never got sick on her way home and accepted all of our other spoos and my golden without any trouble. We are so happy to have another little baby to love and wanted to share her with all of you! She is nine weeks old and took her shave like a little trooper.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Oh wow she's beautiful! You'll have to keep us updated with pictures. I love her coloring, will she fade much?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow is she ever pretty and what a petite little girl.
What is her weight. Mandy is a tiny girl but boy oh boy she is full of piss and vinagar

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh Yeah! What a precious little girl. She looks so full of sugar & spice! And Oh look at those puppy paws! Combine those with those inocent eyes & I just get a warm fuzzy! I'm so happy for you!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone...Taffy is a standard poodle pup and is nine weeks old. The breeders are elderly and the man started showing in 1939!! He is 85 now. They have an entire room full of ribbons and trophies they have won over the years.

Taffy's dad is a good size and so is her mom. We didn't get their weights but they're solid dogs. The breeders told us that they have actually had puppies taffy's color go darker rather than lighter ending somewhere on the red side. We saw pictures of three of those relatives in puppy show cut in Canada and all have finished. They were definitely red. She could go lighter as her mom is a cream.

It is going to fun watching her develop in to a beautiful adult and we'll be sure to be posting pictures along the way.

Dianne took all of these pics as I was busy with the puppy.

Kismet (sire) and his 85 year old breeder. I just love this shot that Dianne got!! If you look above Kismet's head, you can see a few of the many, many, ribbons that the owner has won with his dogs.

Kistme - sire

Taffy's mom

·
Registered
419 Posts
All I can say is that you're in trouble now. With a face like that, how could you possibly not give in to absolutely anything she wants?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
YEP! We have already figured that out. She slept with me in bed this morning when I went back for a few more zzz's. I have never done that before.. Sigh! LOL

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When does she get her first official photoshoot!
I hope within the next couple of weeks. I have to get my pastures back up from the damage that was done during the bad ice storm we had during the winter. It is time to turn the horses out.

She is going to be a challenge. She's a little spit-fire and I love it. I don't know if we'll get her to sit still long enough to get a good capture but I am sure going to try. :proud:

·
Registered
210 Posts
SO happy for you! She is a beauty. I am so glad you posted a 9 week pic. I have been wondering how big the puppy I bring home will be.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts