Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aidan, Dodger and Vega visited this weekend. It was great meeting other people's poodles! We went to the dog park with Brian, Jamie,Willow, and Dodger and Vega.

I snapped a couple quick pictures, Aidan got better ones, and more of them, but here are the ones I got.
Jamie also got a haircut this morning, she really needed it!

The only picture I got of Vega was really blurry, but Im posting it any way, and Brian and Willow were off in their own little world, so meh, didnt get them in, except the one with Dodger looking wistfully after two small black dots, the dots are Brian and Willow :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Oh....love the photo of Dodger looking after the other two! What a story! I love the last one too where he seems to be very happy. I'll bet you had a fun day.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the softest spoos I have ever met!!!
I tried to trade Willow for Dodger, but she wouldn't take the deal LOL

Im tired and sunburned (we washed all the puppies today) but I had a bunch of fun.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I am still working on uploading pictures! I do have a few from the dog park though.

Perhaps once I get a good shower and some sleep I will send you all the pictures I took and you can resize/post them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think she's actually working on cording him. He has a really nice coat. We planned on getting to him today but just too tired. I've never worked on a corded poodle and have no idea how the process works so it was interesting meeting him. I can't wait to see it after it's all formed. I've heard it takes awhile.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great pictures! The dogs look like they had fun! I can see who's next in line for a groom though!
LMAO forgive Brian's nappy look, Im currently trying to cord him

this stage is a lot like the "puppy uglies" that poms go through

its pretty annoying right now, but its growing on me

Thanks Aidan for posting more pix

Im gonna have to get a camera like that!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I love Dodgers top knot! (the last photo of the first group of photos) Looks like you had some awesome poodle fun. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Ooooh! I had no idea! Omg, I adore corded poodles, I can't wait to see it when it's done! What's the process exactly? Just letting it do it's own thing and splitting the parts?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ooooh! I had no idea! Omg, I adore corded poodles, I can't wait to see it when it's done! What's the process exactly? Just letting it do it's own thing and splitting the parts?
I pick the junk out (leaves, twigs grass, small children) and then I wash him. You cant rub the coat, so soap is very very diluted, and you just pour it on (once he is wet) and squeeze it through, then rinse rinse rinse until the water runs clear, and rinse some more.
I let him shake a little, and then I squeeze all the water out of his hair. Then I wrap him in some towels and squeeze some more. Then he is crated and allowed to dry (once the cords are more mature I will be turning on a bunch of fans, but right now I just use one and it gets the job done)

once he is dry I seperate all the cords down to the skin, you just pick up a cord, and if any others are attached to it, you take the two cords in seperate hands, and tear them from the ends to the roots.

It will take alittle while, but he has the coat for it, and he tolerates it better than laying on a table to be brushed. I didnt train him when he was very young to lay there patiently (my bad :( )

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It looks like you two had a great time and got a lot of work done. Much better having a friend's help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts